Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
It was 80 yesterday... 160 miles to Dayton and back in search of a good pair of winter gloves for when the temps do dip.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Speaking of cold weather...

On a bitterly cold winter's day several weeks ago on the Desert Rd a NZ Police Constable on patrol came across a motorcyclist, who was swathed in protective gear from head to toe, including helmet, stalled by the roadside. "What's the matter?" asked the constable.

"Carburetor's frozen," was the terse reply.

"Pee on it. That'll thaw it out."

"Can't."

"OK, watch me and I will show you." The constable lubricated the carburetor, as promised. The bike started and the rider drove off, waving.

A few days later, the Waiouru office received a note of thanks from the father of the motorbike rider. It began: "On behalf of my daughter, who recently was stranded...."

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
On a bitterly cold winter's day several weeks ago on the Desert Rd a NZ Police Constable on patrol came across a motorcyclist, who was swathed in protective gear from head to toe, including helmet, stalled by the roadside. "What's the matter?" asked the constable.

"Carburetor's frozen," was the terse reply.

"Pee on it. That'll thaw it out."

"Can't."

"OK, watch me and I will show you." The constable lubricated the carburetor, as promised. The bike started and the rider drove off, waving.

A few days later, the Waiouru office received a note of thanks from the father of the motorbike rider. It began: "On behalf of my daughter, who recently was stranded...."
TFS! That was a good one fo' sure :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I enjoyed a nice brisk refreshing 60 mile ride in 36-38 degree temps. No gloves! It was great! I will do it again tomorrow!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rode in 35 degree weather on Saturday...Still snow in the yards, the looks you get from people is priceless! Wanted to ride to work today but the roads were wet and it was drizzling. Rather not take a chance of hitting a slick spot. Sould be able to get back on the road in the next couple of days though!

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Sorry about your weather guys, it's 60 right now so I'm heading out . . .

·
Actually, EX-CarGuy
596 Posts
It was a beautiful day here yesterday with temps in the 60's and no clouds in sight (after the morning drizzle cleared). Riders everywhere. Today it's back to the same dreary, cloudy, cool (40-50ish), wet-damp crap it seems we've had for the last 2 months. Sure enjoyed it yesterday though!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have I mentioned that I hate winter. In Texas it usually doesn't get too cold, but so far, except for 2 days....December 09 has been bad. I know that those further north, in general, have it bad...but I'm down here, so I talk about my crappy (perceived) situation here. Let me explain -----

My criteria for a nice day is this:

if I cant ride in peace (no wind), and without a jacket of any kind, then it is not a particularly nice day (thats not to say I can't or won't ride, or do whatever else that needs doing).

If you can ride in peace & without a jacket, in comfort, then you can do ANYTHING else you wanted or needed to do in comfort.

Thats about it.

I hate winter

·
Registered
24 Posts
last night (with wind chill) it was -58 celius (without the windchill it was a balmy -46) in edmonton (50 minutes from here) plus we have about 11/2 to 2 feet of snow on the ground...spring may never come:

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Yep, winter is why we live in Phoenix! 'Cause summers suck!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts