Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1: does the 97 vulcan 1500 VNA series have an automatic pre ignition compression release

If so can it be modified to a manual release? The reason that I ask: It sounds as if the timing is retarded and more so since I dumped it

2: The other day was riding by the river when I dumped it in a sand dune.

Since then it has run really crappy until taken to an painfully high RPM and
seems to be running lean at lower RPM

You should see the wear on my chicken strips since

Thanks in advance for any tips

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
If you have the same type of compression release that I do on my '96..............it bumps one exhaust valve open just a tad during cranking for easy starting. Once it fires, it is basically out of the system. Maybe when you dumped your bike, you got gas in the evap canister. Disconnect the hose from the carb bowl, temporarily, and see if it helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have the same type of compression release that I do on my '96..............it bumps one exhaust valve open just a tad during cranking for easy starting. Once it fires, it is basically out of the system. Maybe when you dumped your bike, you got gas in the evap canister. Disconnect the hose from the carb bowl, temporarily, and see if it helps.
Thanks for the tip, I did have a lot of gas run out of what I thought was an over flow pipe on the front of the bike when I first got it stood up, luckily a good Samaritan saw me dump it. So I gave him the I'm broke signal however I am just outta shape and needed help getting the bike outta the sand trap fortunately I avoided the water hazard, as I was just above a dam and the water is very high and swift.

teach me to think about fishing while ride a street bike in such a place

What part of Caly is that, I am originally from NOCal, and hope to visit this summer or fall.

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts