Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad's thinking about buying a kawi concours. he's been debating buying it for about a month. So anyone who's ridden one or has any opinions on it, tell me whether it's a good bike.

from what i can see it's definately worth the price of 8,500 (new) though.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yes they are great bikes-once you remove the ugly bags :p
very under-rated imo
:wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ridden one and its easy to work on as well in case your dad wants to tinker. It isn't the highest tech bike or superfancy, but if he wants a solid performer that does well with comfort and performance it is a hard combination to beat.

Buy it!

·
Registered
607 Posts
My Pa has one, has ridden it 75,000 miles and is very happy with it. I've adjusted the valves on it, done several other maintenance tasks and he even loaned it to me when I rode my girlfriend to Colorado to ask her to marry me. :razz: SHE SAID YES! :razz: (What greater endorsement can someone give?!)
It's too big a bike for my liking (my dreambike right now is the EX500, which is virtually half a Concours engine), but for touring and commuting it's tough to beat for the money. Look for a used one--much cheaper than showroom and your typical Concours owner isn't a stunter/abuser, so finding one in good shape should be pretty easy.
And it has a very large group of devotees: http://www.concours.org/

My bride & Connie near Ouray, Colorado)

My Pa & Connie near Ortego Highway in California.

There are faster bikes, there are sleeker bikes, but there aren't many better bikes for the long haul.
-CCinC

·
Registered
275 Posts
I worked for Kawasaki (12) Twelve years. I worked on a lot of connies, they have a detuned Ninja 1000 motor with the power band changed for low & mid range. They are a real bang for your buck bike. I think it is good long distance bike. I agree with buying a used Connie for the above mentioned reasons.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a 1991. I used it to commute to work. It was a great bike. It had 23,000 mikes on it. There can be a lot of info found on the COG (concourse owners group) website

1 - 6 of 6 Posts