Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a wheel chock for my 900 Custom and can't decide on the Condor or Titan. They both say they hold a 22" Wheel but mine measures 26" I'm guessing they are talking about rim Diameter instead of tire because my buddy has got a Condor for his Harley and has the same size tire as mine and it works fine. If anyone has either one of these I would like to hear the positives and negatives of both to help in my decision making.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I got the one from harbor freight (there's a coupon for it in the back of this month's Cruiser magazine for $39.99), and it works great. My only complaint is that the front feet on it are made of hard plastic instead of a softer rubber, so you have to anchor it to keep it from sliding when you pull up on it.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

·
Registered
498 Posts
They are refering to rim diameter. My Condors (3) work well, and I have seen that way cool looking Titan in the magazines. If the cost the same, go with the looks? Eny, meny, mini moe it?

I think the Harborfreight one is only a chock, and not intended to hold the bike up alone?

Herb

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I think the Harborfreight one is only a chock, and not intended to hold the bike up alone?
It's a stand/chock. I use it all of the time to hold my 900 classic up without the kick stand. It will not work with a 900 custom, though, because of the skinny front tire.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a stand/chock. I use it all of the time to hold my 900 classic up without the kick stand. It will not work with a 900 custom, though, because of the skinny front tire.
Are you sure it won't work with a custom? This is a real bummer I already bought the cruiser magazine and got the coupon out of it and am waiting for my Harbor Freight to get more in stock. Could you measure the inside dimension of the vertical slot the wheel fits in? On the website the photo looks like a cruiser with a skinny front tire. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts