Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used BMW heated vest. It has a "powerlet" plug that goes into BMWs. I see a few places online that sell a powerlet socket to SAE connector. That connector plugs into the battery tender wire (SAE) on one side and then you can plug the BMW powerlet into the socket.

Has anyone used this configuration?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the converters are like $20 and mail order. So hubby took an SAE connector, hacked off the BMW connector and replaced it. Worked great, I was nice and toasty riding today.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
That's what I would have done too, being as cheap as I am! :)

The wife and I were out yesterday for about 2 hours as well. My hands were chilly, but everything else was just fine. The new chaps on the vulcan worked well. I can't wait to get the lowers and try them. :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I would have done too, being as cheap as I am! :)

The wife and I were out yesterday for about 2 hours as well. My hands were chilly, but everything else was just fine. The new chaps on the vulcan worked well. I can't wait to get the lowers and try them. :)
Yeah the SAE cable he hacked up was only like $6 plus he has plans for using the other end for something else.

Get some overpants with armor!! They will protect you better.

My hands and toes were a little cold yesterday. I can't wait to put on my heated grips. Fabian wants a heated seat.

I saw a TON of bikes out, I had a lot of fun waving to them.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I didn't see a whole lot of bikes, but there were some. My feet were great. The chaps on the highway bars kept all the wind off my legs from just below my knees down.

Maybe you need to put a highway bar on the 650! :eek:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't see a whole lot of bikes, but there were some. My feet were great. The chaps on the highway bars kept all the wind off my legs from just below my knees down.

Maybe you need to put a highway bar on the 650! :eek:
You know I considered it. My knees were killing me yesterday. I kept stretching them out forward while riding. I'm sure they'd help if I ever drop the bike too. Trouble is, I can't find anywhere to mount them on my 650 - ha ha.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
You know I considered it. My knees were killing me yesterday. I kept stretching them out forward while riding. I'm sure they'd help if I ever drop the bike too. Trouble is, I can't find anywhere to mount them on my 650 - ha ha.
Actually, what you'd want is the cages that the stunters use. I've considered them as it would be cheaper to replace than plastic! I bet aftermarket foot pegs would fit them too! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts