Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i like the looks and the idea of a sport touring motorcycle right now i have a mean streak and i love the way the bike handles but i would like more ie more hp, more acceleration, more protection from the wind and weather, more comfort!! so i havent decided what i will do next time yet either a dressed out cruiser or a sport tourer,ect. the problem i have with sport touring bikes is the seat height i am only about 5'6" if i haven't shurnk and sport touring bikes are tall the concourse is extra tall with its 32"+ seat height.............. my favorite type of riding is curve carving and the ms does it pretty well and i don't want to give up the handling but i do think i need a little more comfort and i am sure a dressed out cruiser will handle like a truck because the guys i ride with that have them get left in my dust at the curves after two or three back to back curves i can bearly see them so i have to slow way down and wait on them to catch up
so my question : is there a after market seat that is comfy but lower the seat height or is there a way to lower the seat height without coprimizing the handling

·
Registered
283 Posts
The Kawasaki Gel seat is 1 1/2 lower than the standard seat. I understand that you can also change the shock links for ZX-14 links and lower the rear about 2 inches. You should also be able to lower the front via the triple tree.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks that would make it worth looking into

1 - 3 of 3 Posts