Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to replace the stock mirrors on my '09 900 custom and when I saw these mirrors I knew I had found what I was looking for.

I think the design on the mirrors goes well with the decals on the bike.

I got them here:

Amazon.com: Used and New: H-D Tribal Collection Mirrors - Black - 92398-09

Edit: I got the mirrors today and also a slip with a 5% coupon code COUPON5. They seem to be good quality but came with the mounting bolt already in the mirrors stem. Took a vice grip and some hard work to get the H-D mounting bolts out, they used loctite it looks like.

Note: Don't forget your HD-Metric mirror adapters.

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if yours shake bad because of the ball joint. I also got the küryakyn end grip weights So I hope that will help with the vibration. They seem kinda like snake oil to me but they come with longer allen bolts for the Throtttle Boss that I have but cant use right meow because I lost the longer allen bolts.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Not a fan of the flat black/black out in bikes but I think these will go well with the SE.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
To be fair, we do have a fair amount of burnt orange on there, too. :mrgreen:
Hey here is a good idea. Maybe painting the design on the back of those with the same redish color will look cool :shock:

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey here is a good idea. Maybe painting the design on the back of those with the same redish color will look cool
Thought of that but my new Headlight bucket (Cobra II) will be painted black have the front fender decal under the clear coat. Having the design pained on the mirrors would be just too much.

If I didn’t have that new bucket, I agree that outlining the design in the orange and silver of the decals would be a nice touch.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
My grip end weights should be here today. Too bad it'll be like 4 months before we can see if they work.

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got some pics of these mirrors on my bike today. I also have been able to ride a bit with them on and am extremely pleased with they. They are solid as a rock, no vibration distortion at all. That could be due in part to the end weights for my iso grips too.

Pics:

I had a hell of a time getting the HD post out of the stems and had to trim a few rows of threads off of the adapters to get them to fit. Then i painted the bit of the adapter that isn't threaded between the mirror stem and the mount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts