Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2003 model KX125 today and noticed a chalky whitish/ green color about the size of a half dollar on the outer cylinder wall. I wiped it off at the dealership "dismissing it as nothing more than a prep spill of some sort" I went home to start the break in procedure. This is a brand new bike never ridden!!
I got back to let it cool down after the first cycle before riding again. I noticed a small wet spot where I had wiped off the chalky stuff earlier. It appears to be coolant seeping through the cylinder wall. This can't be good. Well it's Saturday evening and the place I bought it from is closed naturally. Now I sit here wondering what the heck is going on. It is NOT leaking and dropping there. It is coming through the cylinder wall! The bike runs fine. It sputters a good bit at slow speed but I really don't know if that's because I haven't opened it up yet or it's jetted wrong or could have something to do with this coolant leak. Any body know what's going on with this? HELP!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I'd be driving the thing back to the dealer or canceling my check. I've never heard of capitlary seepage on a cylinder before...

Be sure to post when you find out what is going on with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts