Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

When I start my bike and let it sit idling for a minute, there is a light smoke coming out from under front of tank. It has a weird smell to it, but I do smell some coolant. The bike runs fine after it gets moving. But on hot days it gets very hot, especially in traffic, almost difficult to sit on it. The temp gauge will go up to half way mark but comes back down when bike is moving. Also there are these hot blast of air that come out from under bike. Is this normal? When I say hot days I mean 90+ degrees and very humid.
Any feedback will be appreciated. Also I have to get 5000 mile service? Is it worth it and how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks, NinjaSan

·
Registered
71 Posts
What part of the world are you in ??
I ask as some ZX7R's have carb heaters fitted and there are coolant pipes under the tank and one of the joints may be leaking.
There are also radiator pipes under there at the back of the motor.

The hot blast of air is most likely the radiator fan kicking in.

In the UK you would expect to pay around £150.00 inclusive for a 5k service..

·
Registered
25 Posts
maybe ur reseviour is cracked and ur cap isn't holding pressure very well and dumping collant into the crack res. which then dumps onto your engine... etc.. pull ur fairings and just examine everything, save alot of money :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
My ninja did the same thing, it turns out that the O-ring in the thermostat underneath the cap had worn out and it was leaking. I hope it helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts