Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took off the left side plastic under the seat for cleaning and inspection, i noticed the coolant res tank was bone dry. What am I supposed to fill it with? There doesnt seem to be a sticker specifying coolant type (like there is for oil/gas). And I don't have the original user manual.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Kawasaki

Kawasaki has a coolant mixture for it...but if it was low I'd fill it with distilled water (no contaminants) and the n get it up to speed for sevral days and look fo rany leaks,,,esp looking at the cap VERY closely for any cracks in the rubber. IF it stays at the full level then add the Kawasaki cooler/antifreeze/lubricant and distilled water. Just watch it closely...

·
Registered
29 Posts
The rad should have a filler cap and fill the system through this. Then top up the inspection tank you mention. this is the overspill from the cooling system and the excess goes into the res tank when the engine is hot. When it cools down it takes back from this tank.

As suggested once you have checked for leaks etc, then fill it with a antifreeze mix. We use 50/50 mix over here. we use Ethylene Glycol which is suitable for alloy engines. Use distilled water as well as hard water causes corrosion inside the rad.

If all is well might be an idea to flush the system through as well before you put in the coolant mix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts