Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in a warm climate and at stop lights your temp gauge goes all the way to the right, consider the Muzzy alum fan if they have it for your bike. I put one in mine and it runs awesome.

I used to go to almost to the red line at stop lights in peak heat - 90+ to 105 heat and now with the fan I never go past the 1/2 way point! The wind volume is tremendous and highly recommend it to people in warm climates!

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's good to hear. I'm waiting for my Muzzy fan to arrive along with my frame sliders. Should have them Wednesday. Now I just gotta see how tight it is in there to get the fan out.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Hmm... I might have to get one of these this winter for next year. I've not had any issues with the stock fan on my 500r keeping it cool in low speed traffic and lights. but I've also had the fan stop working a couple of times and the temps just shoot up when that happens.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hehe, yeah I'm finding more reasons to get a different bike every day :wink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
What type of bike do you have 1adam12. I have a zx-6r and it has a readout of the temp. Just like you said when I am at stop lights that temp goes right up. When I'm ridding it could be around 160 to 175 degrees and when I'm stopped it goes up to 200 to 230. Now with the Muzzy fan does it replace the stock fan or is it the whole housing that has to be replaced. Also is it a pain to replace.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's actually just a blade replacement. It's simple to do as all you are doing is taking out the stock fan blade and replacing it. The blades are larger and it creates more wind than stock. They do not offer for all bikes, however for the ones that they do its a worthwhile buy if you live in a hot area. I have a Ninja 900.

http://www.muzzys.com/index.shtml

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think they don't make the blade for the 500r

1 - 8 of 8 Posts