Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to a buddy about a Corbin gunfighter seat for my 800 and he said he had one, not very good for long distance travel. I have not rode my 800 any long distance yet to see how the stock seat feels. I want a solo seat, but don't like the looks of Mustang solos.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Well Spooky, I've had one on my 800 for about 12,000 mi. an It is still more comfortable than the stocker. The farthest I've probably ridden in one day is around 400 mi. I still felt like I could of ridden more but I was getting tired from the wind , plus I was where I was going, an it was beer thirty. <LOL> The corbin is more like a saddle ,it is firm but it tends to mold to your butt. But it's also like everything else in the world , some like it some don't. It may feel comfortable to you or it may not. You can be the only judge of that.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Did you check out the Young Guns solo saddle by Corbin? I have had that saddle on my M/S for a couple of years and I like it very much. It seems to provide a little more lower back support than the OEM and the position is better for me at least.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a friend who has a Mustang solo seat. He seems to like his very much. Haven't sat on a Corbin. Personally, I have to keep the stock seat because it's the most comfortable for my wife and it's ok with me too. :smile:

·
Registered
159 Posts
seats

My wife got Monkey Butt from the stock seat. I got one from Mustang with a little more cusion for her, it actually even got more comfortable for me too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was convinced I wanted a Corbin Gunfighter but now I'm not so sure. The more I look at a solo Mustang on the 800A, the more I like the look. Makes the bike look longer with more the the rear fender showing. And if you put on a fender bib, even looks better. Either one is a solo seat so no difference there. I've had a Mustang on a Yamaha 1100 I once had and it was really comfortable. Go look at some of the pictures of the solo on CruiserCusomizing for an 800A to get an idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts