Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 Ninja 500R and am thinking about buying a Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seat to replace the stock seat. I have a Corbin Gunfighter on my ZRX1200 and am extremely happy with better looks and added comfort over the stock seat. I only have one reservation about the Corbin.

I know that Corbin seats are typically wider than the stock seat they replace (as is the Gunfighter on my REX) I don't have a problem with the extra width because I am 5'10" and my legs are plenty long to reach the ground. However, the Ninja is my girlfriend's weekend bike when we go on trips. She is 5'4" and with the stock seat she can reach the ground but not quite flatfooted. A wider seat may cause her to have a fitting issue with the bike.

My question is to those who have installed a Corbin on their 500R- How much wider is the Corbin over the stock seat it replaces? I know the Corbin actually lowers the seat height but this lowered height is negated by a wider profile. I know that Corbin offers a "nose" job to slim out the front section of their saddle, but I heard the process adds a lengthy time to the delivery process. I am more interested in the unmodified GF&L.

Please help! Any info would be appreciated. :D

Jason

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Have your dogbones modified and the seat issue won't matter. You can make your ride lower if you want. If you are not using OEM profiled tires you can change your profile as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, since it looks like my local dealer's distributor doesn't stock the Corbin seat for the 500R, I may just order directly from Cobin. My parts guy said the seat was gonna have to be made and then shipped, a process which would take about 2-3 weeks. If that's the case I'll just have a "nose" job done- slimming out the front section of the saddle. Then I won't have to worry about increased standover height. :)

J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts