Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else had issues with Corbin shipping their orders on time, or am the lucky one?

I ordered my trunk the week of October 12th. They said it would be 4-5 weeks before I recieved it. As of this afternoon, I still don't have it.

Last Monday they said they were shipping it that day - Called this morning, and they still haven't shipped it...

:cry:

Ok, I'm done with the moaning - At least the weather is nice enough for a ride today. That's sayin' something for December in Illinois! Gotta go ride while I can. See ya!

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
That is really poor service. I understand that they build a lot of items to order, but that is no reason to mislead.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called them again this morning. They were going to check on it and call me back. No phone call yet, but I'm hopeful - not!

:eek:

I've calmed down a bit since this morning because I got to ride for about 3 hrs today. Low 40's and sunny, with dry streets and low wind. Riding just seems to take away the stress of the world.

Yesireebob Kawasaki is a sure-fire cure for my high blood pressure. Ride away the stress. Now-thats-what-I'm-talkin-about!

:biggrin:

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
Once I ordered a Fleetliner fairing from Corbin and I was told it would take 3-4 weeks to ship. However, when I came home from work three days later unbelievably there was a box from Corbin sitting on my front porch with a Fleetliner fairing in it. Only problem was it was the wrong fairing (it was for a different bike) and I had to go to the trouble to ship it back. Also, I told them to specifically to ship it to my work and not my home address as nobody is home during the day, so I'm lucky nobody stole it off my front porch. Don't feel alone - I think Corbin customer service sucks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got a hold of somebody who would do more than tell me "I sent an email to the factory and haven't gotten a response". This guy said he went out into the factory and talked to the person assigned my job. The story they're telling me is that they finished the trunk a couple weeks ago, but couldn't figure out the paint request? You'd of thought they'd call me or send me an email or something. How hard can this be? I told them the year, make, model, paint codes. It's standard Kawasaki 2 tone paint (red and titanium). The guy I talked to said he actually had to go out and print a picture of the nomad to take to the guy on the line so he could finish the job! Supposedly they'll paint it this week and ship it next week.

I'm just sooo frustrated. My wife keeps telling me it'll be worth the wait, and it's not like I'm ridin' the bike every day. But come-on...

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Find a way to talk to the man himself. The way I see it, you are palnning on paying your hard earned money for a product. You have been patient (more so than I would have been) I think it is only fair that you are able to voice your concerns to the man whose name is stamped on the item you want to buy.

best of luck.

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
I got mine early last year. Just got the backrest for it for Christmas and my wife had no shipping, time-delay problems. Are you trying to get a special order with, let's say, an uncommon leather? If so, maybe that's what's slowing it down.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow, Mr. CheeseyRider, I was just looking at your photos and have say you've got a beautiful bike. I think I already commented in an earlier post a couple months ago, but it looks like you have some new accessories since then....not sure. I hope you add a picture of your bike with the trunk when you get a chance (and when you eventually receive it).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Find a way to talk to the man himself. The way I see it, you are palnning on paying your hard earned money for a product. You have been patient (more so than I would have been) I think it is only fair that you are able to voice your concerns to the man whose name is stamped on the item you want to buy.

best of luck.
I tried several times, and finally was able to leave a voice message for Tom Corbin (assume he's some relation), but still got no response...

Yesterday I called Discover (since I used their card to purchase the trunk) and filed a dispute for non-reciept. They issued a temporary credit and contacted Corbin to try to resolve. Low-and-behold, I got a call from a rep at Corbin this afternoon. Supposedly, my trunk will ship this week. I hope it does, but makes me mad I had to go to these lengths to get them to call me back and tell me what the heck is going on. Guess we'll see if it comes this week or not.

Needless to say, I will not be purchasing any of Corbins products in the future - no matter what my wife says...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, Mr. CheeseyRider, I was just looking at your photos and have say you've got a beautiful bike. I think I already commented in an earlier post a couple months ago, but it looks like you have some new accessories since then....not sure. I hope you add a picture of your bike with the trunk when you get a chance (and when you eventually receive it).
Thank you. I really like the look and the ride is sweeeet. I really think the Corbin trunk will look awesome if I can just get it here. Definately will post pics when I get it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, my trunk arrived today. Took 15 weeks to get it (10 longer than they promised). I finally got a response when I called Discover and disputed the charge. 5 days after I filed the dispute, I got my trunk. They did a great job painting it, so I'm sure it will look great when I get it mounted - hopefully this weekend. I'll take pics if the weather isn't nasty (like it was today).

This was just a standard order -"universal tunk" and a two-tone paint job. They said 4-5 weeks and it took 15 weeks. The worst part is they wouldn't return my calls or email - I still have no idea why it took so long...

I'll never order anything from them again.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Wow, Cheesy. That really sucks. It such a shame when a good product gets soiled by a lack of customer service. I really hope it looks to be worth the wait when mounted.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great Looking Seats---??? Customer Service

The Corbin seats are nice looking and I had no issues when I purchased one for my Yamaha GTS approximately 11 years ago. The bad news is that it seems I was one of the few that got the product as promised.

I've never found a motorcycle board that didn't have multiple posts/comments about the lack of customer service associated with the brand. It is really too bad as I think they are a great product. My speculation would be that Mike Corbin is like a lot of people with a good idea...the skill set required to hatch the idea versus the skill set needed to drive the rigor and processes needed to grow operationally a successful company are many times not the same.

I hope that the company gets focused on taking care of their customers. No more Sparrow electric car ventures or furniture or additional offices/factories are needed. Get focused on delivering a quality product at a fair price within the timeframe you've promised the customer. Treat every customer just as you would like to be treated.

Just my 2 cents worth.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
When I ordered the seat for my 9 last year, they told me 4-6 weeks. I got it in 3. Ordering the 2K seat through our sponsor, we'll have to see how it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts