Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber pad on the ZN700 foot peg is lifting on the outside end. I tried to glue it back on with JBWeld two part epoxy and that didn't work. What is the proper glue for that application? Thanks!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I just checked and Oxford heated grips use superglue (Krazy Glue) to bond their rubber grips.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Be sure to clean both parts before applying any glue. A shot of contact cleaner followed with a quick wipe off with a clean rag will make the rubber clean and slightly tacky. Also put glue on both parts as sliding the rubber in place will tend to wipe the glue off. If you have glue on both parts it will be pushed in opposite directions and have a greater chance of full coverage.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cleaning the epoxy out from between the end of the pad and the aluminum peg might be a challenge. The pad is still stuck tight over 2/3 of the pad. I shall see very soon. Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Can you unbolt the rubbers from the footpeg to give them a good cleaning? Partzilla diagram for a 984 ZN700 shows that they bolt on.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WFO-KZ
Bingo!! Yes, the rubber pad is bolted on with two small bolts that are sunken into the aluminum foot peg. I unbolted it and found that the pad is pulled over the metal core and that the outside corner wasn't completely pulled over the metal core. With the help of a flat blade screwdriver I was able to get it pulled over the metal core and bolted it back on! Problem solved!
This bike was 24 years old when I bought it but it only had 1k miles on it, so it's possible it came like that new.
Thanks WFO-KZ!!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
No problem. Happy to help. The collective knowledge of the riders on this site is awesome and I have received lots of good advice here including from you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts