Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, is there some commercial or something I have not seen. In the course of two days three different people have made similar comments about my new Versys. Two days ago a guy on a V-Strom pulled up next to me at a light and made the comment that it looked like a Corevette on two wheels. Later that day the guy at the parts counter at my dealer said that red color really made it look like a Corvette. Then yesterday a guy at my gun dealers made the comment that it looked like the Corvette of motorcycles. Maybe it is just the red color or something. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
A nice comparo indeed. Much more flattering than "the speeding grasshopper", as my bike has been called. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
21 Posts

Here it is, I do not have my own pictures, but I am pretty fond of mine and it gets alot of second looks.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
IMHO it's just the color. I'm sorry, but the Versys is one of the bikes I just don't like. I kid some of my customers and tell them I have the better looking brother to it :p

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
I like the Versys, though it's too tall for me, and I don't get why the price is higher than the 650R. Strip the fairings off, tune down the engine a bit, and charge more $$$. Hmmm, Kind of like underwear. The less fabric it has, the more expensive it is. But I digress. Must be the color making people think of Corvettes, because I don't see any hints of Vette in the styling. It's a compliment though. The headlight shape takes a little getting used to. Not bad, just funky.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually love the fairing and headlight set up. I think the bike is hot looking. I think it looks more Porshe-ish than Corvette-ish myself.

PS: The price is $6899

·
Registered
21 Posts
The MSRP is $6899, but mine came home for $6600. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but if that style of bike is not your thing I could see it. Did I mention I love mine!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Congrats on the ride, man! Indeed beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While the Versys and like-styled bikes are not my thing, I respect your love for the bike and the fact that you're out there on two wheels. If you ever make it out this way Daemon and I would definitely go out on a Rocky Mountain ride...on the roads, that is. :mrgreen: None of that dirt and sand stuff for us.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the ride, man! Indeed beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While the Versys and like-styled bikes are not my thing, I respect your love for the bike and the fact that you're out there on two wheels. If you ever make it out this way Daemon and I would definitely go out on a Rocky Mountain ride...on the roads, that is. :mrgreen: None of that dirt and sand stuff for us.
I appreciate most types of bikes. I really love the look of the versys but I will not be happy until this summer and I can afford to have a Mean Streak 1600 sitting next to her in the garage. :-D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the Versys, though it's too tall for me, and I don't get why the price is higher than the 650R. Strip the fairings off, tune down the engine a bit, and charge more $$$...The headlight shape takes a little getting used to. Not bad, just funky.
There is a great deal more going on than just that.

The engine has been completely retuned and had different camshafts and exhaust porting.

The suspension is vastly improved. Just one look at the front inverted forks lets you know something is different.

The rear swingarm is vastly changed. Once again you can tell just by looking at the impressive looking "gull wing" design that this is no Ninja.

Not to mention the two up seating and adjustable windshield. :smile:

And once again, I love the front of this bike. It is almost sci-fi looking.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya'know...I did not see the connection until you posted those pics. Now I very much see what people are saying.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I like the Versys, though it's too tall for me, and I don't get why the price is higher than the 650R. Strip the fairings off, tune down the engine a bit, and charge more $$$. Hmmm, Kind of like underwear. The less fabric it has, the more expensive it is. But I digress. Must be the color making people think of Corvettes, because I don't see any hints of Vette in the styling. It's a compliment though. The headlight shape takes a little getting used to. Not bad, just funky.
Actually, it DOES have better suspension than the 650R

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ride one and opinions will change! Bennice, I love Colorado, so a ride would be great! Same goes if you are ever south! I avoid the dirt, but the old Route 66 is a blast! Just bumpy is all!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts