Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does it cost to have a bike painted? Is it hard to do yourself? I want to paint mine but am debating between getting it done and doing it myself.

·
Registered
487 Posts
if you have no knowledge of body work then yes it is very difficult to paint the bike yourself. it is best to leave the job to professionals. as far as the cost, it depends on what you want and the going price in your area. the best thing to do is to check out the local body shops for pricing and get references.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You can do the prep work yourself and that will help keep costs down. Definitely go to a local shop and make a friend. That way you'll have somebody who's a pro to ask questions and bounce ideas off of. Next week I can let you know an estimate for costs.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
moonhorizon said:
MY problem is that I don't know of any body shops. Any place that does cars, would they do bikes also?
any good car shop should be able to do a bike also, a money saver is to take all the parts off your bike yourself. Prep them if you know how or someone can show you. Those are some of the most labor intensive parts of painting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts