Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I finally just could not stand the multi-colored/discolored/ugly factor paint scheme on the exhaust on my Z750s.:mad: So, today, with the help of TSR, I cleaned and painted the header and mid-pipe. Here it is all painted and drying. I'm going to allow to dry over night and install after work tomorrow.
-Used scotchbrite to clean and rough up surface.
- taped off with removable blue painters tape.
- painted with 1200 degree aluminum color header paint from Kragen.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cure it in a gas grill before you install it... otherwise you're just going to burn the paint off where the headers were blued....
Thanks for the tip. The can says to:
- Dry for 24 hours.
- Install.
- Idle for 10 min, cool for 10 min.
- Idle for 20 min, cool for 20 min.
- Ride for 30 min, stop and allow to cool fully.
- Enjoy. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only let it idle for about 15 min...water cooled and electric fan. Waiting to see how paint holds up to a 2-3 hour ride. If it peels=== off to the powder coating dude.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Only let it idle for about 15 min...water cooled and electric fan. Waiting to see how paint holds up to a 2-3 hour ride. If it peels=== off to the powder coating dude.
I wouldnt suggest powder coat for headers.. Even though its rated for th etemps it does not have the durability to resist chips as reg. powder does... :wink:

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
jethot or ceramic coating... its way hotter than 400* at the head where the exhaust comes out so PC wont stand up to it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts