Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The yami dealer was right next to the new remote site of my company. I found that fz6 and silverado 650 fit to me. It is not easy to find a bike that fits, so I was glad. fz6 could be lowered little bit for better fit, and a different seat was available for the 650 so that I could seat closer to the tank. It was 07 model and about $5500 I think... Smaller displacement could be an issue?

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
I don't think you'd want to go down in displacement size with a cruiser. Is there something wrong with your 800A?

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
FZ6 is about the same height as a Kawi EX650, either of these bikes are good. Yami Star 650 is a popular small cruiser, but not much get up and go from what some of my friends that own them say. I think they are a good bike in general, but couldn't compare it to an 800, cause I know nothing about them. My 1100 Yami is a great bike, low seat height, but heavy. Not much help, but thought I'd speak up.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The 650 Star is a turd. No power. You're better off with a thumper or parallel.

The 800a is a better bike in every way.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FZ6 is about the same height as a Kawi EX650, either of these bikes are good. Yami Star 650 is a popular small cruiser, but not much get up and go from what some of my friends that own them say. I think they are a good bike in general, but couldn't compare it to an 800, cause I know nothing about them. My 1100 Yami is a great bike, low seat height, but heavy. Not much help, but thought I'd speak up.
I appreciate your input. The dealer said they had 1100 in the back. They were 08 model, so not much discount for them. I wonder how I would fit to 1100... So riding 650 is like pushing the bike around. It's got smaller engine with more weight, so it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think you'd want to go down in displacement size with a cruiser. Is there something wrong with your 800A?
My 800A is running great. The 650 had everything I wanted right there. Semi hard bags, floorboards, nice windshields, comfortable seat, and all the new parts. The sale price was attractive too.

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
My 800A is running great. The 650 had everything I wanted right there. Semi hard bags, floorboards, nice windshields, comfortable seat, and all the new parts. The sale price was attractive too.
If your looking at a silverado the kawai you want to be looking at is a 900LT

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your looking at a silverado the kawai you want to be looking at is a 900LT
I wish I could ride 900LT. The handle bar and foot controls were too far for me. Last time I tried on it, I said it is hard to reach, the dealer guy just shrugged. That was it. Maybe different seats and handle bars are available, and he was not motivated to sell... I heard that 900LT is a fine bike, but I am not sure if I can ride it...

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
he he... parden me... What is thumper? I really do not know.
Thumper refers to a single cylinder engine. Yam's 650 is not that bad, or they
wouldn't sell that many, it's just not that powerful......course the price helps sell them too. Might be worth it to mod the bike you have if you like it so much.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Thumper refers to a single cylinder engine. Yam's 650 is not that bad, or they
wouldn't sell that many, it's just not that powerful......course the price helps sell them too. Might be worth it to mod the bike you have if you like it so much.
+1

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy bags and a windshield for the 800A? Floorboards would look out of place but you could easily mount cruise pegs on the bike.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
The 650 will feel like pulling a piano with your 800.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts