Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get out to my bike this morning, and find that some bastards have taken a hammer to the bolts that help align the back axle. sheared them right off. Now i don't want to ride the bike until i get these replaced, but im not sure if the dealer will still carry bolts for a bike this old.

Second, after i found the bolts i was going to start it up and roll it back into the garage (it was out this weekend as the roomate needed the space for some stuff) and when i pushed the starter button, it worked for second then made a clunking noise, if i hold down the starter button i can hear the starter try again and then clunk again. does that make any sence..

thanks;
kris

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Alignment Bolts

The Alignment bolts should still be available as they are standard in the industry even though they are metric. Someone is going to have fun trying to get them out, drilling and backing them out. The starter thing sounds like it could be a loose connnection, or a contaminated, dirty, slight oxidation problem...or perhaps the starter solenoid...starter...???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike is currently at the dealer, they had to order the part, which will take several working days to recieve. so im stuck taking the truck to work (8mpg)

while it's there it's getting a new chain and sprockets, and i oil service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts