Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just went out to start my '09 650R. I haven't started it in a week or so. Granted it is cold but it needed to be started. It fired right up and idled for about 5 min or so then........PFFFFFFFF!!! I looked over and there is oil all under the bike. I ran over to shut it off as fast as I could.
This thing is still under warrenty... I haven't taken off the shrouds yet but I fear the worst.
What do you guys think? Will the warranty cover a new engine or do I need insurance involved, or do I panic and start looking for a donor engine?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
My bike suffered a major engine malfunction requiring the top end to be rebuilt. It was in the shop and unrideable for just over a month. The service manager said I was lucky all the parts were available, it isn't unrealistic for a bike to be in the shop for 2 months waiting on parts. :-/

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
If it was mine, and under warranty, it would be at the shop. How do you know the block is broken (can you see where its cracked or broken)?

If you can see a crack or a missing piece of casing I recommend you stop tearing things apart and just take it to the shop. If you can't see where the oil is coming from, but it is pooling up on the floor, there could be a minor issue ... such as the oil filter gave, or a sending unit is leaking.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't took anything apart yet. I called the dealer this morning, they are coming to get it. It was doing more than just pooling on the floor. One second everything was fine then the next at least a quart was on the ground. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.