Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Enjoy the ride
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1blowout price 2006 vulcan

This V2K is located near me. I am not looking for a new bike but for 5K for a V2K with only 1,200 miles, I had to share here. If this post is not a scam it could be a great deal for someone.

Mike

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Dayyyuuummmm! If that were within 2 states of here I'd be on my way to see it right now & I'd definitely have to see it 1st! I've been looking & that's a helluva deal if it's not a scam & the bike's OK! :shock:

·
Registered
591 Posts
If I was within 150 miles I would check it out. But I'm on the other side of the continent. I once contacted a guy who had a minivan on craigslist. He gave me some story about how he couldn't get the title for 2 months, but i could pay him and drive the van away, and in 2 months he would send me the title. How does that sound for a scam? Needless to say I just hung up and looked elsewhere. Having said that, I've made dozens of craigslist, and hundreds of ebay transactions, including selling a car and buying my VN900 without a hitch. You just have to beware when the sellers start to come up with suspicious stories such as "oh yea, this VN2000 is not actually in Oregon, but if you give me the check..."

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Personally, I'm doubting it's a scam. A V2K books out at about $8800 retail so knock off another chunk for private party, another for out of season, etc. I'm really wondering what the $3500 in accessories are since I'm not seeing too much in there. I'm thinking he/she paid a dealer to put them all on and that REALLY drove up the cost. lol

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Yeah, I would go take a look too if it wasn't 1,000,000 miles away.
It's not always bad. I'm in MN and bought my Meanie from FL. :) After the flight and transportation, it was STILL $1000 less than what it would have cost me around here for one with more miles and fewer goodies. :)

·
Enjoy the ride
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just called and tallked to the guy...sounds legit. He actually purchased the bike at the same shop I purchased mine.

I am half tempted to buy it just because it is such a deal.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
If I was that close, it would be sold already. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's not too far away from me either. I just bought a bike though, I would be tempted to buy it as well regardless though if I had enough money left...

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
If I lived close to it, I would buy it in an instant. It sure sounded like a scam to me BUT.. if indeed you can see it, drive it home with a clear title, who cares if you have a bike or not. Sounds like a hell of an investment to me. wish he was close to my house, I'd be taking a vacation day tomorrow to check it out.
Took a second look also, and I sure can't see $3,500.00 in extras either

1 - 20 of 27 Posts