Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the jacket, not really my arm.
I was in the left hand turn lane, getting ready to stop in that lane at a stoplight (on my way home from work), when I get hit from behind. My wheel skids out, and then I low-side it in at about 15 MPH. Bike seems to be ok, just some scuffing on the bar end, passenger peg, plus a little scuffing on my jacket, helmet, right glove, and right boot.
My new jacket (Olympia Moto Sports Shogun) held up awesomely! Just a little scuffing that you can barely tell is there. I think I might have sprained my wrist though since I was trying to hit my cutoff switch when I felt myself going.
Couldn't seem to find a way to not go down though... I keep replaying it in my mind to see what else I could have done... but I can't find anything yet... Well, thats all I'm gonna put for now, since I'm gonna go grab a hot shower and some sleep... then catch a ride in to school tomorrow morning since I dont wanna ride on this shoulder and wrist till the afternoon at least.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have gone to those goofy brake lights that flash when you hit the brakes, their is no excuse for getting hit from behind, except the cage was to close, hope you called the cops on him a little ticket might wake him up some and he should have to pay for every scratch on you and the bike. glad your ok. i wear armor too for that reason , smooths out the little bumps some

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
OUCH!!!! :shock:

Very sorry to hear about this but also gald to hear that your up and walking and talking. I'm wondering what the driver's reason was for hitting you? Was he/she riding alone or perhaps kids in the car...or older person didn't see you?

Don't be quick to dismiss your injuries as they can be more serious than first thought. Give it a week or more before you try to convince yourself your 100%. Injuries can be funny at times even if their is minimal pain....when in reality there may even be broken bones.

Keep us posted?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well... I wish I knew why I got hit too... all I know is that it was a dark truck of seom kind... they didn't stop or anything, and the road was pretty much deserted... I filed a report with the cops, just in case that guy was drunk or something and hits someone else...
As for me... still sore, but I'm gonna take it easy for a while before I pronounce myself 100% again.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay! Hope u were wearin your helmet too!!! Also glad your bike is okay. I would check it over REAL good, just to be sure. You don't wanna have an accident later bcs something was missed, ya know? Take it easy and get well before ya do too much. We all want you around for some good posts !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts