Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what the member's over on the sportbike forum have been up to while we've been posting in hear .. I know that Freakinout on this site had something to do with it. (LOL) the music pretty good too. www.madville.com/link.php?id=62932&t=15

·
Registered
837 Posts
:D :D :D practice...practice....practice... :shock:

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I'm glad I have a big heavy cruiser and am too old to be tempted to try anything like that!

Do you think that dude with all the road rash will wear some gear next time? Why on earth would anyone try stunts like that without wearing any gear at all? Dumb, dumb, dumb. :)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Julie it's because there probably only 22 or 23 yrs. old.(LOL) Don't you remember when you were young an dumb,<G> well maybe not quite that dumb!

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
ouch

ouch, man that smarts.

Do you think that dude with all the road rash will wear some gear next time? Why on earth would anyone try stunts like that without wearing any gear at all? Dumb, dumb, dumb.
i'm with you Julie, that's why i ride a nomad !

·
Registered
242 Posts
Why would anybody do that even with leather on? Bones can break. That one dumb a--, totaled his ride. At one time I was young, dumb and full of --- but never, never that dumb. What those guys are doing borders on stupidity & mental retardation. That's my opinion, but you see, I work to long and to hard to EARN my money to blow it away like that. I hope that I'm not out line here but I just had to say this.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I saw a couple of those this summer on the net.

One was "The Girl That Fell Of The Bike". Her boy friend decided to pop a wheely and forgot to warn her. She fell off the back wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

The other was a news report called "#13 Out OF 100 Ways to Kill Yourself Naked" A sportsbike rider naked from the waist down pulled a wheely and the bike swerved into a truck and killed him. The police are still trying to figure out why he was naked?

There's a few in every crowd.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Why glorify that by setting it to music and showing off your wounds? I know sportbike riders can be a bit extreme but I don't think it would be my failures that I include on my video. Are they proud of the damage to bike and body? Guess I'm just an old man at 29. Must be ready for turning 30 this month. Obviously I don't get it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Guy's that just proves Darwin's theory of natural selection. Thinning the herd. Whatever you want to call it.

Actually I'm kidding. I love watching that stuff and have thought about trying it. Which is why I am probably better off sticking with my cruiser. Even at 30 sometime I feel a bit retarded. :p

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do we have hear a bunch of old gezzer's ! That's the kind of comment I get from the younger crowd. I posted the same clip over on the sportbike forum ,we'll see what the comment's are after a couple of day's. I agree with the rest of you , there not to bright but daring each other .Is this a sign of the time's? I showed the clip to my 15 yr. old son an some of his friends, an they thought it was cool. Go figure, I think I'll hold off on the new ninja for the boy for awhile.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
woodchucks800 said:
Julie it's because there probably only 22 or 23 yrs. old.(LOL) Don't you remember when you were young an dumb,<G> well maybe not quite that dumb!
I was already a mother when I was 20 (married at age 17, believe it or not) and had a second child at age 23. When I was in my early 20s, I was too busy raising kids and taking care of a house to be pulling crazy stunts like that. :D I was dumb, but in a different way. (Getting married at age 17--need I say more?) LOL

My son sent me the most gruesome picture I've ever seen of a dead motorcyclist. The subject line on his email was "The helmet and leather jacket didn't work." Well, duh... The picture looks like the guy got hit by a 747 or something; he's in pieces. No protection of ANY kind would have helped that poor guy. I wonder what on earth he was doing to end up like that. No information about the circumstances. I just hope it wasn't his own fault--by doing something really stupid. Somehow that would make it worse. :(

I think when you're young you feel like you're pretty much indestructible, but when you hit middle age, like me, you know your days are numbered. I want to enjoy the years I have left, so I have fun but try to keep it within certain limits.

Sgt Mike said:
Why would anybody do that even with leather on? Bones can break. .
That's certainly true. That guy didn't look like he had any broken bones, though--just lots of road rash. If he'd had on some good gloves and a jacket and pants with armor (not to mention a helmet!), he might have spared himself some of that. That road rash hurts a lot worse after it starts scabbing up, too. My stepdaughter was in an accident a few years ago. She was riding in the back of a pickup truck (yeah--dumb, dumb, dumb, and she knew better). The driver pulled in front of an oncoming car, which the back the corner of the bed where my stepdaughter was sitting. She not only got badly hurt by the collision, she also got thrown about 40 feet and tumbled along the pavement. She had a ton of road rash, which bothered her a lot more a few days later than it did right after the accident. I know she won't ever ride in the back of a truck again, and I hope that dumb kid with the road rash gets himself some good gear and stops trying to be a show-off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm reminded of Indian Larry. Live hard, die hard I suppose.

Regards,
John

PS - Those are just the kinds of stunts I did at that age. Too cool to die. Glad I lived to see today.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

boys will be boys :lol:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Possibly.....they are not using "better judgement"? :shock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts