Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
Quite the nice forums you all have here, lots of info!
My Mom decided that we should get my Dad a motorcycle for Christmas. The local dealer had a few brand new 2006 Vulcan 2000 models on the lot and we picked one of them up. I have been storing it at the auto dealership I work at for a month or so. Now we need some ideas on how to give it to him on Christmas day. I don't want to just wrap up the keys and give it to him that way, I want something with a little more thought...but I can't think of anything!
Any ideas?

Here are a couple pics of the bike:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Empty the garage. Except for the V2K.

Blindfold him.

Lead him out to the garage where he is told that he has to wait there until he is asked to come back into the house. (This will mislead him from thinking that something is happening in the garage).

Wait a couple minutes...then fire up the Vulcan. Rap it a few times. Watch for the reaction.

Just an idea I had.

·
Registered
533 Posts
park it someplace (neighbors house) walk by with dad... notice the keys in it and start it up... see if he freaks...then give it to him!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
park it someplace (neighbors house) walk by with dad... notice the keys in it and start it up... see if he freaks...then give it to him!!!
I like this idea. However the best way to do this is to tell ME where the bike is with the keys in it ahead of time...just so I...uh...can keep an eye on it until you walk by. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
If he is computer savy you can send him an e-mail christmas card and include the pictures you have posted here.

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
Oh this could be FUN!!! :lol: but the problem is there are a Million ideas that would be great fun.

You could get him presents for the V2K, like a helmet, Gloves, Boots, Jacket..etc..etc..etc...wrap it up and give it or them as gifts.....when he says he does't have a bike, just say when you decide to buy one, your set. Then just leave the bike with a Bow in the Garage, by the Barbeque...etc.. or wherever he will pop up sometime during Christmas Day.

Or you could wrap up the keys...take him to the Car Dealership, drop him off and tell him to open his present and when he finds it, come home...now of course he may think it's a Car, hopefully the keys will give him a clue...:lol: and make it a little difficult to find, stick it between a couple of trucks...or the present may be a map to where the keys are at the Car Lot, then when he finds and opens the Keys, he still has to find the Vehicle...
It would be GREAT to have someone with a Camcorder taping him from a disstance, maybe up high somewhere watching him look and find. It may be a great movie to share over the years...:smile:

·
Registered
624 Posts
My Mom decided that we should get my Dad a motorcycle for Christmas. The local dealer had a few brand new 2006 Vulcan 2000 models on the lot and we picked one of them up.

Here are a couple pics of the bike:
:idea: Can I be your dad for Christmas???!?? :idea:

:wink: :smile: :cool:

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
There's always Santa delivering it in person. Would be cool to have someone dressed as Santa come up the driveway and hand him the keys....

Charles
That's the same thing I was thinking!

Maybe you could open up the other presents, and then disappear to the neighbors for a few minutes and ride it back over to the driveway and call him outside?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the great ideas! I will let you all know how it turns out after Christmas. I really like the idea of a Santa delivering it, haha!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
YOU should dress up as Santa yourself. How awesome would that be?? The Son dresses up as Santa to give his father a Christmas Present.

BTW, FANTASTIC gift, Mom. You must have a great husband!!! What I strive to be.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
I assume (hate that word) your dad is into fine motorcycles?? I would make some big excuse to take him to the shop to show him something car whatever. Cover up the bike and while there say hey dad what do you think of so and sos new bike and whip off the cover. When he goes holy crap what a nice bike you and your mom hand him the keys and the rest is history... By the way nice bike....

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like the Santa idea with you being Santa :cool:

·
Registered
235 Posts
They're all geat ideas. Whatever you chose to go with, trust me, it will be a Christmas your dad won't forget!

Great looking bike, by the way!

Dennis

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Empty the garage. Except for the V2K.

Blindfold him.

Lead him out to the garage where he is told that he has to wait there until he is asked to come back into the house. (This will mislead him from thinking that something is happening in the garage).

Wait a couple minutes...then fire up the Vulcan. Rap it a few times. Watch for the reaction.
I like this one.

Only problem is keeping him out of the garage tomorrow and getting the bike in without him hearing it.

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Blindfold him while you bring it into the livingroom where you can do a fat burnout... but seriously my gf says to park it somewhere where you can point it out as a really nice bike and then give him the keys.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Blindfold him while you bring it into the livingroom where you can do a fat burnout... but seriously my gf says to park it somewhere where you can point it out as a really nice bike and then give him the keys.
That's similar to what I did for my wife.
Her car had burned, and I almost immediately worked out a deal with one of the guys at work to buy his. Took a couple of weeks to get the financing and paperwork in order. The whole time she was bugging me to go car shopping.... "I've got things to do...."

One Saturday, under the guise of helping a friend move, I left her my keys and my friend picked me up and took me to pick up the car.
I parked it in the shopping center behind our condo with a ribbon tied around the roof and a BIG (like 2'x3') birthday card (the timing was perfect) under the wiper.
Walked in, told her "Okay, let's go look at the Chevy dealer around the block"

Took her through the gate into the shopping center, and watched her carefully as we came out from between the buildings. As she showed a sign of noticing the car, I hit the "disarm" button on the alarm, handed her the keys, and said "Happy Birthday"

She nearly fainted. It was a '90 Geo Storm GSI.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts