Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2003 Voyager VII with about 15k miles. The cruise light comes on, but will not engage with the right hand switch. I found out about the OD and above 50 or 55 mph, but still no luck. I checked the brake light switch under the black plastic cover on the right.

I do not see any wiring diagrams for the cruise....maybe the switch is not working, but will be tough to trace with no diagram.....

·
Super Moderator
10,836 Posts
Check your private messages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I need to check out my Adobe Acrobat....it did not find cruise or cruise control when I do a search on the supplemental file....
Looks like very thorough detail on cruise control and trouble shooting.....thanks

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
I have the Audiovox aftermarket cruise control on my Nomad and it does the same thing ...and I know it's a vacuum leak/plug in the system somewhere, just haven't had the time or inclination to survive the cold to track it down.

If your CC is vacuum controlled (I thought all motorcycle CC's were, but could be wrong), that's your problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it fixed

After riding from NC to Fla, I pulled half of the front of the bike off to get to the cruise computer....left side under the fairing....I tested most of the inputs to the computer...found the double switches made by the the right hand brake lever...one would not make up with the handle out....thought that was preventing the cruise engagement. I did not test the OD input, because I could not figure a way to get the bike in OD, while on the center stand...I also did not test the output that engages the second light on the cruise console on the top cover.

I took the bike for a ride, and it would still not engage...Found a cruise computer on Ebay, and ordered it. Drove back to NC with no cruise...lost the tach cable about 50 miles from home....typical.

Put in the new cruise computer, and still would not engage....about to give up, and remembered the second micro switch on the clutch lever....pushed out the lever, the second switch clicked, and the cruise engaged....cool....been working great ever since....tried some tape on the tab of the clutch lever....still have not solved that completely, but once you push out the lever, it stays...

Thanks for all that gave me hints....I also figured out my problem with searching the manual that someone had scanned in to adobe acrobat....it was scanned in as a picture, and not text, so you could not search...

I also had no volume, channel control, or mute on the left handle bar....found a broke wire feeding that add on module....pulled a jumper wire, and all is working fine....well almost....there were two wires broken....the second was the feed back for the mute button....forgot to patch that one....have to use the radio to tape button if you want to shut off at a light....

Bike is in great shape now....have someone that has committed to buy it...sorry to see it go....

·
Super Moderator
10,836 Posts
After riding from NC to Fla, I pulled half of the front of the bike off to get to the cruise computer....left side under the fairing....I tested most of the inputs to the computer...found the double switches made by the the right hand brake lever...one would not make up with the handle out....thought that was preventing the cruise engagement. I did not test the OD input, because I could not figure a way to get the bike in OD, while on the center stand...I also did not test the output that engages the second light on the cruise console on the top cover.

I took the bike for a ride, and it would still not engage...Found a cruise computer on Ebay, and ordered it. Drove back to NC with no cruise...lost the tach cable about 50 miles from home....typical.

Put in the new cruise computer, and still would not engage....about to give up, and remembered the second micro switch on the clutch lever....pushed out the lever, the second switch clicked, and the cruise engaged....cool....been working great ever since....tried some tape on the tab of the clutch lever....still have not solved that completely, but once you push out the lever, it stays...

Thanks for all that gave me hints....I also figured out my problem with searching the manual that someone had scanned in to adobe acrobat....it was scanned in as a picture, and not text, so you could not search...

I also had no volume, channel control, or mute on the left handle bar....found a broke wire feeding that add on module....pulled a jumper wire, and all is working fine....well almost....there were two wires broken....the second was the feed back for the mute button....forgot to patch that one....have to use the radio to tape button if you want to shut off at a light....

Bike is in great shape now....have someone that has committed to buy it...sorry to see it go....
And are you looking at getting something else?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts