Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's the deal, I foolishly purchased a Ninja 250 to fill in for my Nomad on the daily commute (12 mile round trip down country roads). And now (you guessed it) I'm day dreaming of becoming (gasp) a sporty bike guy :eek:

You know this illness, where you constantly visit the Kawasaki site (even Honda and Suzuki) surfing through all the shiney new bikes -yearning for that next "fix".

I still think the Nad is the most beatiful bike I'll ever own, but why can't I stop invisioning myself on one of those Hayabusa (sp?) things 8)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Every time you get the urge to buy a sport bike, check the nightly news to hear of another accident involving a sport bike racing to fast through the streets and some car/truck pulling out or changing lanes in front of them and not having a chance to stop!

Stay safer, stick with your Nomad and hopefully you won't be tempted to ride that bit faster!

Was :)

·
Thread Killer
1,053 Posts
Traitor. For shame. :p

Seriously though, I had some scary fast bikes when I was young. Somehow I survived. What I see some sporty riders doing these days just freezes my blood. Hayabusa? Ooh.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Get a sport-tourer, i.e. Connie, FJR. You can still retain your sensible image without sacrificing the need for speed.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Riding is therapy. You've got the best of both worlds with the Nomad and 250 -the limits of the 250 should be plenty. Enjoy!

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Keep your nomad and go get a 650R like I did. I love my vulcan and will always have it, especially for two-up riding, but the 650 is LOTS of fun to take to the mountains on the twisty roads! :biggrin:

I feel for you. I spent so much time in the local bike shop before getting the 650 that I got to know everyone's names. Now they recognize me when I come through the door! LOL

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Keep your nomad and go get a 650R like I did. I love my vulcan and will always have it, especially for two-up riding, but the 650 is LOTS of fun to take to the mountains on the twisty roads! :biggrin:

I feel for you. I spent so much time in the local bike shop before getting the 650 that I got to know everyone's names. Now they recognize me when I come through the door! LOL
Concur. I rode my son's 650 several times and liked it better each time.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Suggestion: Take your 250 two gas tanks full directly away from home, then ride it home the same day. If that doesn't cure you, get a sportie. :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yay 250 :) Hayabusa, yuck. Those things are big and ugly. You definitely wouldn't have as much fun on the twisty back roads with that big heavy monster. Did that help?

·
Full Circle Rider
1,611 Posts
Yay 250 :) Hayabusa, yuck. Those things are big and ugly. You definitely wouldn't have as much fun on the twisty back roads with that big heavy monster. Did that help?
Uh, I may have a few things to say about that...

Big? Yes.

Ugly? Not even close.

Twisty back roads? Rider makes all the difference. :mrgreen:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I can relate. I've been having nasty thoughts of late about adding a second ride to the stable. Something like a FZ1 or the like would do the job.

Have fun man!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hey now.. not al sportbike riders are wreckless speed demons. :(

Plus, the 250's ergonimcs are fantastic, you probably could get some decent distance in on it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey now.. not al sportbike riders are wreckless speed demons. :(

Plus, the 250's ergonimcs are fantastic, you probably could get some decent distance in on it.
Yes, your butt will definitely not hurt after about 1hr, 31min and 20 seconds. :shock:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I've done a 200 mile day on the Monster and been ok. I haven't had the chance to put much more on it due to needing the break-in service and crap weather since I got it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am a complete 180 from you. I have owned nothing but sportbikes prior to my 900 custom. Now I wish I had a sportbike and used my 900 custom as a fill in.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts