Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 60f here in PA, so got "Old Yeller" out, 1500 VN Classic. Went for a long ride an did a bike count;

On the road today

8- Metric Cruisers
1- HD
23- Sports bikes

Stopped at a friends house for dinner and on the way back at midnight;

1- Metric Cruiser (me)
3- Sports BIkes

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
It's in the mid 20's here with snow everywhere. No riding here and bike count was as follows;

0- Metric Cruisers
0- HD
0- Sport bikes

:(:(:(

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i won't break your heart with the riding weather here in FL :p

crusiers=millions
sport bikes=zillions
H/D=too many to count
pocket bikes-i think every kid in town got one :grin:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Anybody else happen to notice the picture on the bikeaholic post ? Mean ole' Policeman picking on bikeaholic or his protege ! Wonder if it was for speeding, wheelies, or stoppies ! Sure hate to see the young ones get off to an early criminal record ! :wink:

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Just got back from a ride with hubby. It's 32 degrees. I thought my gloves were pretty good, but my hands were completely frozen when we got back. Guess I need to get some snowmobiler's gloves. Brrrrr. As for the bike count, we saw just three other hardy souls on the road; neither one of us noticed what type two of the bikes were (one was a big old Gold Wing type of bike).

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Too late....Heart is broken. :(

Julie...how about heated grips?

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Yesterday I was unable to take the bike out but saw 15-20 cruisers and a couple sport bikes.

Today took out the bike for a 30ish mile ride and almost froze to death :p :p Course it was all of 34* & overcast :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had to be "on call" this weekend and spent a fair amount of time at the hospital. Cruisers out in abundance here in Mobile, AL. Many HD cruisers and also many metric. No sportbikes seen. 1 or 2 UJM's I have almost the same weather as Bikeaholic.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I went out on 12/31 for a short haul, saw some metric's a few HD's and very few sports, weather was sunny and cool 39ish.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi julief, heated grips were mentioned, and they are probably great, but the age-old fix is some three-fingered snowmobile gloves or just simply cycle gauntlets with the zippered pouch that holds the rain mit that fits over the gloves. Then you're good for cold AND wet. Ride on. :grin:

·
Registered
309 Posts
grunt said:
It's 60f here in PA, so got "Old Yeller" out, 1500 VN Classic. Went for a long ride an did a bike count;

On the road today

8- Metric Cruisers
1- HD
23- Sports bikes

Stopped at a friends house for dinner and on the way back at midnight;

1- Metric Cruiser (me)
3- Sports BIkes
I was out that day too. Here in Lancaster PA, I would have to say I saw more cruisers than anything else. Lots of Harleys too. Just about everyone I waved to waved back. I thought I was going to put my bike away but it looks like next week there are going to be some days near the 60s.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Weather here in South Louisiana has been absolutely great the past few days. Highs in the mid 70's, but this morning is in the 40's. About to head out on the bike as soon as I post this. I've seen countless other cycles on the road, way too many to count.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
we just had about 10" of snow followed by freezing rain that made the roads just WONDERFUL, so i don't imagine i will see any bikes out, at least for a couple days. makes me feel a little better about mine being parked ! as long as we have snow, i can enjoy the winter and feel a little better until Spring, but we have a warm spell coming next week. its supposed to be in the thirties for quite a few days, looks like some melting will be going on !

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey bud, where can you get those gauntlets? Those are the things the moto cops have on their bikes in the winter right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts