Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea if this is even possible, but if anyone has any picks, please sare them.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Answer, yes it is very possible.

Question, do you even know why racers knee drag ?

Hint it's not because their bikes are leaned over that far.

·
Registered
605 Posts
if you have proper padding even you can do it, it's just not suggested by me or probably anyone else here, the trick is, if you suddenly lose just a little rear traction and your bike slips, this would normally cause a lose side, but instead you use your weight on the knee to pop back up.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Stuart said:
if you have proper padding even you can do it, it's just not suggested by me or probably anyone else here, the trick is, if you suddenly lose just a little rear traction and your bike slips, this would normally cause a lose side, but instead you use your weight on the knee to pop back up.
Whoa Stuart, please explain in better detail what you're talking about because what I just read is very scary.

·
Registered
605 Posts
lol, wasn't meant to be scary and note that I said, I don't suggest it ever and probably no one else does either, but I was watching some ama and then I noticed it also on a corbin's ride on awhile back, there were questions of why the knee scrapes....

So the answer is, it is there to prop yourself back up if the bike goes a little closer than you want it to

Is that any better?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Actually although some may use it that way it isn't the reason racers do it.

Racers when knee dragging are not for one trying to touch the pavement for the fun of it. If you look closely you will see that they not only stick out there knee but that their whole bodies are hanging off the side of the bike.

What they're actually trying to do is negociate a fast curve while keeping the bike as upright as possible in order to keep the largest contact patch possible with the road surface. If they were to simply stay seated upright on their bikes they would have to lean the bike much more and risk losing traction or dragging a part of their bike on the roadway.

Most seem to think that the knee touches because the bike is leaning that far when in reality it's in order NOT to have to lean the bike that much.

Using a knee at high speed to prop myself back up does not sound like a very reliable or safe method when you just need a little more throttle to make the bike come up.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Well, Thank you for the wake up call, knew I was missing something, I think that is my first bad piece of advice on here but I'll try not to do it again.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
i dont think it is possible to. partly because you got stuff to hit the ground before your knee does and your seating poaition wont allow this to happen. im thinking of a harley when i say this. but this is whats in MY head. not yours.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
If you wanna learn about draggin knee then read 'twist of the wrist 2' and you'll have a lot better understanding of why you put your weight where you do and why you drag knee. I'm nearly done with this particular book and have put many of the theories into practice.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
psycho messiah said:
i dont think it is possible to. partly because you got stuff to hit the ground before your knee does and your seating poaition wont allow this to happen. im thinking of a harley when i say this. but this is whats in MY head. not yours.
If you stay planted in your seat , and your legs glued to the gaz tank, I don't think anybody on any bike is able to knee drag. When racers do it ( and that's who amater knee graggers are trying emulate ) it's because they're hanging off their bikes and have their knees extended out from the bike.

So if a cruiser rider hangs off his seat and extends the knee there is no reason he couldn't do it, matter of fact is that it can be done on any bike in a straight line at slow speeds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is wayyyy of topic. I don't want to know why they do it, I already knew, I want a pic of a crusier knee drag. Not for speed or fun, just cause I wanna see it.

Stuart, me and SOAD where both banned for the same thing you are doing now. So behave, and you really ned to quiet talkin about SOAD/Psycho messiah. So he never siad his advice was expert. HE was simply startin what he was told.

You got problems with it? sort it out in a CIVILIZED manner. No one here wants another banning, and really, you can disagree. But soad hasn't realy done much to you in terms of disrespect.

Yet you find it irrisitable to try and bencon him. I did the same and got a banning, and I hope you do to, so you can see. NOT because I don't like you (even thou i don't :roll: ) but because you obvisouly don't realize when to quit.

So from me and soad, quit.

·
Registered
605 Posts
you're right that was off topic, I don't have any problem with anybody, however when a person who has never been on a motorcycle tells someone truly and full-heartedly interested in motorcycles to get a bike that they can't handle it just bothers me a little. But from now on uzra and soad will not get any crap from me, I've taunted them enough

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Stuart said:
hey psycho messiah, did you get banned as soad, for all your expert motorcycle *CObUmGxHS* advice
play nice. and no i didnt. that was what i thought. not what it is. i thought i clarified that. and i tell people to get 600cc motorcycles only if they want one and i tell them to respect and feasr the bike. not to go out there and be big and bad because they got a bike. thats how the term "squid" was made.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Sigh !, Here we go again !

Urza & soad, don.t pick any fights with anybody, you're already on probation. ( BTW I encouraged you to pick new usernames in order to start anew here, soad you blew your cover on the first day and Urza what can I say you didn't even try now did you ?)

Stuart's post was maybe a tad over the line but I don't consider it to be more than a friendly poke at soad. If you guy's can't tell the difference between some good natured ribbing ( that you bring on yourselves) and flaming then get off our site.

Urza, what are you, the Lone Ranger coming to save your friend ? Had nothing to do with you and yet, you come in ranting like a 10 year old "I don't like you" .

So Urza and the poster formely known as soad these are the facts.

Fact 1 Not a lot of people here like you, I know I don't.
Fact 2 You know nothing about motorcycles.
Fact 3 You didn't need to tell us your ages, we could tell.
Fact 4 You don't decide who gets banned or not, I do.
Fact 5 You now have absolutely no leeway, misspell a word in a post and you are both banned from every site hosted by V7.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, if i can't get a word right i'm out? Yes I hate you too. I tried being nice with you the first time ramprat did some stuff. What'd I get? Nothing. We do know about motorcycles, maybe not riding them, but that's why we are hear, to learn and also defend what we have heard from reliable sources. I defend brodie cause he is my beat friend and the same thing said to him could be said too me. Now, we state we are 14 alot I guesss but thats becuase it seems the only real reason we get "poked"at. Now If you take this the wrong way, fine. I didn't know you wanted to keep our identity on the low, if you would have told me I would have, but you didn't.Now, SOAD didn't say anything insulting, he even said "play nice". We get louds of crap from poeple here, why? cause we are 14, and If we state our opinions we aren't taken seriously. Poeple make comments like ours all the time, poeple who haven't even ridden a 600cc say they are glad they started on a 250, and they say the same for the 500, How is it that they can say that without proof but I can't say something?
anyway, this is my daily Rant (I've taken after ZX-2R :roll: )

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BACK ON SUBJECT! does anyone hear have a pic of a crusier knee drag?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.