Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Im the store manager for the local Checker Auto and Just to let all of you on the west coast know, that all powerbuilt motorcycle/ATV jacks are on clearence for $44.96 from $89.99! So go into your local Checker Shucks Kragen store and purchase one! they are going fast so good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello all,
Im the store manager for the local Checker Auto and Just to let all of you on the west coast know, that all powerbuilt motorcycle/ATV jacks are on clearence for $44.96 from $89.99! So go into your local Checker Shucks Kragen store and purchase one! they are going fast so good luck!
Jake can you share some info on how durable this jack is and what your experience has been with using it?

Thanks

For those who don't have this store in your area, here is the link to check it out and/or buy on-line.

Part Detail at CSK Auto

·
Super Moderator
10,875 Posts
Jake can you share some info on how durable this jack is and what your experience has been with using it?

Thanks

For those who don't have this store in your area, here is the link to check it out and/or buy on-line.

Part Detail at CSK Auto
Maybe it's just me, but can you get the site to actually work? I tried 3 or 4 different links and can't get a pic or description of the alleged sale item.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have sold about 20-30 in the 16 months I have been working there and only three have been returned because the actual jack part of it stopped lifting. They come with a 1 year warranty and the powerbuilt web site has a phone number to order parts for it after the one year. From my experience they have been great. BTW, the CSK website will not have it listed. You might check it out on the powerbuilt website the part # is 640753.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but can you get the site to actually work? I tried 3 or 4 different links and can't get a pic or description of the alleged sale item.
Don't know why the link didn't work, but you can find it the old fashion way:

Go to the Checker Auto website ckauto.com

Then click on Shop Online Now in the upper right hand corner which actually takes you to Oreillyauto.com web address. Seems the two companies have merged.

Then on the left hand side under Shopping select [Shop by brand]

Then scroll down to the P's and select [Powerbuilt Tools]

Scroll down to Tools and Equipment under Jacks/Ramps/Stands select [Jack - Motorcycle & ATV]

That will take you to a page with the picture, description, and option to buy.

Hope this works for you.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I can get to the web and in to the jack-mc&atv but no pictures or anything once it opens. The step by setp above are great is just not working for me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is this some kind of bad joke?

Yeah I have sold about 20-30 in the 16 months I have been working there and only three have been returned because the actual jack part of it stopped lifting. They come with a 1 year warranty and the powerbuilt web site has a phone number to order parts for it after the one year. From my experience they have been great. BTW, the CSK website will not have it listed. You might check it out on the powerbuilt website the part # is 640753.
On this type of item a failure rate within a year of 1% would be high. From the numbers you submitted, the failure rate of this item is between 10% and 15%. 3 failures in 30 is 10% and 3 failures in 20 is 15%. I know there are a lot of cheaply built items out there these days, but this failure rate for a jack is truly laughable. I do not understand how you could recommend this item much less describe the item as "great".

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
For $45 it's a good risk, IMO. I've got one in the back of my car right now. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On this type of item a failure rate within a year of 1% would be high. From the numbers you submitted, the failure rate of this item is between 10% and 15%. 3 failures in 30 is 10% and 3 failures in 20 is 15%. I know there are a lot of cheaply built items out there these days, but this failure rate for a jack is truly laughable. I do not understand how you could recommend this item much less describe the item as "great".
Pardon me, Bill Nye we're not all as well off as you so $45 is a good deal for some of us

·
Registered
153 Posts
Pardon me, Bill Nye we're not all as well off as you so $45 is a good deal for some of us
I understand; the price is cheap, and we can all appreciate that. I am only disagreeing with the deceptive phrasing of the description of the quality being good or acceptable or much worse "great" which it definitely is not if your experience selling it is a representative sample. An accurate description would be more like a jack of questionable quality offered at a cheap price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts