Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I will get a Cheetah M 27 xtreme laser jammer. I'm wondering if I'll have any problems with the electrical supply because I have xtras on my bike such as Kawasaki light bar (run always on), Scorpion alarm, Stebel horn, headlight and taillight modulator and Passport radar detector. Some of these items are not "on" all the time such as the horn but I don't want to overload the system. I guess the always on items are the light bar, radar detector (wired to battery), before going through intersections, I turn the high beams on so the modulator will let other drivers see me better but after the intersection, I turn it down to low beam even though I run the light bar on all the time. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Lookes like you are loading up your system a bit. I'd put a switch on for that light bar so it wouldn't need to be on all the time. Or put on one of those bicycle generators that run on the side of the tire, for a backup. lol.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
You can add up all of the watts and divide by 12 to get total amps. Everything you mentioned is fairly low amperage draw. Your 1600 will handle it with no problem. I run with heated jacket liner, heated pants liner, heated gloves, grip heaters, extra lights and GPS on my ST and have never had a problem.
I would imaginre the draw from things like fuzz busters is miniscule.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Your service manual should have ampere output of your charging system. Once you know the max amp output, you can add up your accessories and normal system amp draw and calculate whether your charging system will be able to handle it. As you stated, many of your 'accessories' are not on all of the time. Too many amps can overload your charging system, overworking your battery and causing the battery to fail too early in its life. A little math now, may save you being stuck later . . .

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the great info people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts