Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I purchased myself a Fi2000R but I also wanted to change the intake too. Being that they start around $170.00 US, I decided to make my own. All the parts I purchased are new. K&N, Transdapt and Dayco are the companies I chose to use. All totaled $80.00 US.

Check out my work in progress.

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Kroozing900,
Awesome work and great idea. I get a rush when riders invent their own things. I'm always trying to do that but my fabrication facilities aren't too good. Lots of ideas, but not much space or equipment to get them produced.
Anyway, good luck and keep the pics coming.
BTW, I saw on one picture the idle adjuster knob, like on my 1600. Did you decide where you are going to mount that? I had trouble with mine and I'm still looking for a good place to put it without having to extend the cable.
Regards.
Mark

·
Registered
241 Posts
Great work on the air filter. Were you able to put the stock 'snorkels' back in the filter? I want to do something similar but want to keep the intake length as long a possible. Any thought on the square inch comparison between the stock paper filter and the paper filter that came with the filter kit? What are the dimensions of that filter (diameter and width)? I prefer a paper filter rather than a K and N style oil filter. Maybe since your not using the paper filter and have the old stock paper filter, you'd be willing to unfold those and measure the sq. inches for each.

Anyway, really nice thinking and execution.

rick

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The stock snorkels were not used. My design of my adapter plate did not require them. The minimum effective filter area to use on the 900 is 17.15" The K&N filter I am using gives me 40.57" The K&N is 6.375 dia. X 2.063 hgt.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was wondering if you had a photo of the final assembly on the bike. I want to gauge the look of that diameter filter on the vn900. Any comments on any interference with your right knee as you're mounted on the bike? I might want a taller filter element to allow use of the stock snorkels.

TIA,

rick

·
Registered
455 Posts
agentfox1942 have a look at this picture of the new brackets I made and the location using existing holes in the cylinders.

You should offer those for sale. I'd be in... if I could find an affordable air filter base (I'd like one with a little 'ridge' for the filter to sit in for better sealing, and a taper into the throttle body to help reduce induction turbulence. Perhaps I should find a machine shop to whip one up for me lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.