Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
For those of you who have a custom paint job, or have done research on one, what have you found for cost and downtime.

I have a VN900C its currently orange, I want to paint it in blue (darker blue) with dual white race stripes (think shelby mustang), the stripes would run center down both fenders and tank. All tins sprayed in the same blue.

I was given a price of 600 for all of that including supplies, but without disassembly, I would have to take the parts off, no big deal. He promised 2-3 weeks downtime, gonna let me come and help lay the stripes so he would get em right.

This is a pretty reputable paint guy in town. Does this sound like a fair price to folks, it sure seemed it to me.

BL

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
I think that $600 sounds reasonable .. but 3 weeks ??? wow . 1 day to prep the fenders and tank ,1 day to spray base , 1 day to lay out and spray stripes ,1 day to clear ..That is being generous with the time and it's still under a week . Unless he is very busy and your job is low priority that seems like too long .just my $.02

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes he's very busy. He is also going to spray a clear coat over the base before striping, then clear the top again and smooth it all out. That way if we have any issues with stripes we have a little bit of fudge space. I think its gonna be an awesome paint job. Initially I wanted flat, but he didn't want to deal with flat, and told me they are pretty hard to maintain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts