Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one for ya. Does anyone know if another back fender will fit on a 900 custom? I'm guessing the classic fender will fit, but what about anything else? And while im thinking about it how much will a paint job be on just a rear fender? One day i wont be so embarrassed and let you know what happened to my old one. :icon_frow

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Others have done it.
check out meancycles.com and search for fenders for the 900. I have the classic fender on my custom and love it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Others have done it.
check out meancycles.com and search for fenders for the 900. I have the classic fender on my custom and love it.
where did you get it? does the light from my custom fit in the classic fender?

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
I've got the Classic rear fender on mine aswell. I bought a take off from Britts on ebay complete with the taillight and turnsignals....then I sold my Custom fender on ebay to re-coup my $$$.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive been looking on ebay and haven't seen anything for a few weeks there is one on there though with no lights. I was thinking about picking that up but was wondering if there were some other options. I like the look of that classic rear fender though on a custom. any idea if a different model would fit?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
ive been looking on ebay and haven't seen anything for a few weeks there is one on there though with no lights. I was thinking about picking that up but was wondering if there were some other options. I like the look of that classic rear fender though on a custom. any idea if a different model would fit?
I think your best bet will be to do something custom because trying to do a bolt on is going to leave you with very limited choices.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think your best bet will be to do something custom because trying to do a bolt on is going to leave you with very limited choices.
+1
If you get a bolt on you have to look at Sumo, Classic or a couple others. If you do a custom you'll be able to do what you want while the old fender is on the bike still and take your time.

There's a group in Collegeville PA named American Classic Motors and if you measure the distance between strus they'll be able to match you up well. They also have an ebay store.

Best of luck!

BDV

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
When I measured between my rear fender struts, I'm pretty sure it was 10.25". There are blanks available that width for choppers.

As far as if a Customs taillight fits a Classic fender....it does but the wiring comes out on opposite ends. So it can work with some wiring mods. If you get a Classic rear fender at least make sure it comes with the license and turnsignal assy....they are sometimes hard to find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts