Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not there yet
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help....I need to swap out the bars on the V2k.....since putting on the new Corbin seat I am too far back for the stock bars, lock to lock turns have me leaning waaay fwd and stretching. Also have a Corbin fairing installed, so can't just use pullback risers. I need some help picking aftermarket bars with the right amt of pullback (and still keeping the "flat and wide" hand position so I don't lose the leverage on the v2k). Most of the aftermarket custom shops near me in Huntington Beach don't touch metrics. Any suggestions for shops in Orange County from the board? All suggestions welcome please!
Bill

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Unfortunately very few shops work on Metrics...not enough of a call for it. Most metric owners only do the bolt on thing, its the HD that can really be customised. Yamaha or Star is startin to get things right with the aftermarket and Corporate customizing parts. Best thing is to find an independent tha works on many bike brands, or do it yourself. Don't know what the spread on the holes for the V2K are,but if they are the same as the 800 then they are the same as the HDs withonly a difference in bolt size. Best thing is to work with a bar bend that is comfortable to hold and then with a friend hold them aboutwhere you want them and then see what the rise and pull back measure. JP Cycles has a lot of bars and a decent diagram of how they measure. Good Luck, its mostly trial and error.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Give Bob a call over at Metric Thunder in Orange (on Ball just east of the 57). I don't think they actually do custom work, but he can point you in the right direction.

If you don't mind a trip to Temecula, I think Scott Salvi of Baron's Custom does side work out of his home.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Which model V2K do you have? I have the Corbin fairing on mine and run Phat II risers ... mine is a Classic LT.

·
Not there yet
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
V2K bars

I've got the V2k with the multiple headlamps. I've seen your pics, you have the other Corbin (full) fairing. Ive got the smaller adjustable one. Thanks for the ideas, I go to Metric a bit, may speak to them. Would also consider a ride to Temecula if I could contact Scott (u have any contact info Rich?)
Thanks for all the suggestions!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I've got the V2k with the multiple headlamps. I've seen your pics, you have the other Corbin (full) fairing. Ive got the smaller adjustable one. Thanks for the ideas, I go to Metric a bit, may speak to them. Would also consider a ride to Temecula if I could contact Scott (u have any contact info Rich?)
Thanks for all the suggestions!
[email protected]
[email protected] on AIM
[email protected] on MSN

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
Give Bob a call over at Metric Thunder in Orange (on Ball just east of the 57). I don't think they actually do custom work, but he can point you in the right direction.

If you don't mind a trip to Temecula, I think Scott Salvi of Baron's Custom does side work out of his home.
+1 on MetricThunder.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts