Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to the group. I wasn't aware that anything before 1990 is considered vintage these days :^). Anyway, I came into an '82 Kaw that I plan to have some fun making a project out of. I'd like to end up with a single rider cross between, a flat track/sport bike style machine. The state of the engine/tranny is unknown, and she sat around for over 5 years, so I have my work cut out for me. I'm looking for images or ideas that will help me picture my knew 'child'. I've been riding an '84 VF700F for 19 yrs. & she'll remain my daily ride. Feedback is appreciated :^). If this is the wrong forum, then I apologize.

Thanx,
Anders

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Anders,

Welcome to the forum. This is the right place to ask those kind of questions.

Put up a picture of your project in the Show off your bike section or here on this thread and see what responses you get.

Heather

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx. It's a 750 4 cyl LTD cruiser style. 19" frt/16"rear wheels. I've stripped her a bit, let's see if I can get an image on here.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
your garage looks like mine :( Everytime I clean it out I put another bike in there :lol: .
Take everything off the bike you do not like, put everything back on that you do like , and add stuff untill it is perfect for you, and be sure it is cool.8)

MACK

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Anders,

I love LTD's. I was going to buy one until I came across my Spectre. It is the same style bike as the LTD and just as good lookin' 8)

Keep us posted on your project. You can get stock parts from Salvage yards of you want to go original. I have always liked the black and gold color schemes of the LTD's.

Heather

·
Registered
1 Posts
modification of a 1981 550c Ltd

There is a 1981 Kaw 550c limited that I can purchase for approx. $400. It is in moderate shape but the bonus is that it only has 4,100 miles on it. This is not the bike I was looking for as I am completely turned off by the seat style. However, has anyone seen any streetfighter style aftermarket seats for this bike. The bike has some potential to be an interesting mod job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts