Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Is she Blonde?
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and I know I have seen threads about it somewhere. Of course I ordered the wrong windsheild for my 900LT . The one I got is a tad taller and has a more of a steeper round at top. I have the old one clamped over the new one and can drill the holes for the mounts to the point that the chrome plates will cover the original holes on the wrong windsheild.
I like the design of the wrong windsheild. The only problem is I need to cut off about 2inches on the bottom to clear the turn signals. I know I need to mask off the cut area to keep from scratching but what type of blade in my jigsaw do I use? and how do I clean up the edges? I have wet dry sand paper and regular sandpaper...Or should I just keep my helmet on and stay seated on the short bus ( see frustration thread).
bike009.jpg picture by powershotent - Photobucket
bike010.jpg picture by powershotent - Photobucket
If I do not cut off the bottom then the headlight cutout will be above my triple tree and almost above my guage cluster

·
Registered
411 Posts
When I bought my V2K LT, I hated the heighth. I'm 5' 8" tall and couldn't see over the top, even with the windshield being adjustable. I decided to cut it. I used masking tape and traced the pattern. I cut it with a jig saw and a very fine cutting blade. Just make sure you don't overheat the blade or it'll melt the lexan. I cleaned-up the edges with a file and fine sandpaper. It came out great. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts