Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that I have torn the cv joint boot on the front right of my 07 Mule. No dirt or debris in the grease so it must have just happened. Will this be a "take to the shop" or can a basic handy man handle this with some help from you guys. Thanks in advance for any tips. Tony

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Boot replacement is a reasonably straightforward job. Just take your time and follow the instructions in the service and repair manual if you are not very comfortable with removing the axle shaft and reinstalling it without getting it out of balance.

If you have done any of the front wheel drive cars, this will be a snap.

I recommend you pick up the service manual, as the Mule will still be running thirty years from now if you do the routine valve and clutch adjustments and service. It will also save you a ton of money in trips to a shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RCW. I got the manual and did the replacement myself. Wasn't bad at all. Thanks again for the fuel gauge repair tip you gave me a while back too. It has worked fine since I filed the gap just a tad. Happy New Year

·
FL UTV Trail Rider
53 Posts
Thanks RCW. I got the manual and did the replacement myself. Wasn't bad at all. Thanks again for the fuel gauge repair tip you gave me a while back too. It has worked fine since I filed the gap just a tad. Happy New Year
That reminds me about mine ... I had forgotten about my stuck fuel gauge. Mine has the gauge/ needle on the face of the actual gas cap. I get tired of having to open the cap & peer in there to see how full it may be. I'm searching this site for it now, & I do see mention of some slot or another being too small for the needle ... Is that it?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The version with the gas cap gauge can be similarly repaired.

There is an aluminum disk that holds the needle and pivot in the cap. You have to work that disk out and then you will see where the needle binds.

Usually, all that is necessary is to file the slot just enough to allow the needle to swing freely, then reinstall the needle assembly and press the aluminum disk back in so it is tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts