Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one out there can share how to tune the 96 vulcan 800 classic cvk 36
carburettor air mixture(by how many turn the screw :) ?)

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are alot of parameters involved in getting the right setting. Climate, elevation, exhaust and air box modifications are important considerations when adjusting the idle mixture screws. We need more info...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
during morning/cold start my engine always shut down,after warm up for a few minute then the engine become stable. actually i bought my bike from my friend few month ago and i understand he ever remove the curberettor
and clean it by himself.As what i worried now is whether he set the correct setting for the air mixture screw or not because some time the engine always stop during idle speed especially morning start.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
if it runs better COLD then its RICH
if it runs better HOT then its LEAN

sounds like your AIR/FUEL SCREW is NOT turned OUT enough. the only way to get it totally correct is with an EGA MACHINE (exhaust gas analyzer)
if you know where it is on your bike you could adjust it a 1/2 turn in or out.
if the screw is on the ENGINE SIDE = in is LEANER out is RICHER (adds fuel)
if the screw is on the AIRBOX SIDE = in is RICHER out is LEANER (adds air)

ya also need to make sure the FLOAT HEIGHT is correct and that your PILOT JET is clean. make sure you have not leaks at the carb boots. use carb cleaner to check for leaks. if you spray it around the carb boot and it idles up then you have a leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts