Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1982 kawasaki kz 440 ltd does anybody here know what temp is considered overheating for the cylinders? in the winter i frequently start up the bike to run some fresh gas through it for about 15-20 minutes. in that time the engine gets pretty hot, but it doesn't seem to get as hot it does while riding the bike in the summer. anywway, also does anybody know if the make a thermometer i can attach to the cylinder to monitor the heat while it runs without riding to guard against overheating? the bike seems to dissipate plenty of heat just standing there while it runs....

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
Easy, just get an IR temp reader, point and shoot, and you have a temp reading, except on shiny chrome. Everybody sells them now, from the tool trucks (Snap-On, Mac, etc) to the home repair places (Lowes. Home Depot, etc), and even Radio Shack. Heck, I imagine even the auto parts stores are selling them now, I know Harbor Freight is.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks! i forgot about those! that would work, but i still don't know the normal operating temps of this bike. i don't know what they consider overheating, normal operation, too cold, ect. obviously even an air cooled engine must have temp limits...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.