Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im in the process of a new top end on my bike and i got a cylinder from a guy on the internet who said it was for my bike. everything fits right but the power valve assy. from my old cylinder is to big for the new one. does that mean its the wrong cylinder or maybe just a compatible cylinder but the power valve assembly has to be for that specific cylinder. i need help asap. thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
You need to provide a lot more information starting with which bike you're working on. Do the numbers on your old cylinder match those on the new cylinder? As you've learned internet sellers will tell you what you want to hear to make a sale. Have you told the seller about your problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 2002 kx125. there are like three sets of numbers on it and all match up except one set of them. i was told maybe it was for a 2001 and the power valves were possibly bigger on the newer cylinder. i have told the seller, which was a local seller, he works on an oil rig and said he would help me out whenever he returns. we will see i guess. im going to wait and see what happens with that and then ill just take them to the shop for help if nothing comes of that.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Did the cylinder you bought come with a power valve and you just thought your old one worked better? Kawasaki changed the exhaust valve just about every year looking for a broader power band. Looking at both on the piche's they have 2 different part#'s and look different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts