Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall from my drivers ed. days that you were to never back into a parking stall.

My new baby was parked in the middle of a stall---minding it's own business-----then some punk kid decided to back in to same stall------just got done showing the adjuster for his company my battered baby---he's guesstimating $2000 damage.

Was sitting in a meeting and they came up and told me my bike was dumped over---I thought it was a joke at first.

To the kid's credit---he fessed up instead of driving off-------on the proof of insurance----he was on his folks' policy----so wonder what going to happen there.

Man---I'm still steaming!!!!!!!!!

Dang Kids.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
At least he stopped, so it'll all be taken care of. More people would drive off. That kid deserves some credit for not just ditching and not having his insurance go up. Now he also needs to learn to check before you try and park in a spot.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

man-that stinks :evil:

hope it all works out and the bikes not hurt too bad :wink:

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While we're at it----they are springing for a new exhaust system-----should I go stock or aftermarket-----keep in mind I got the +4 year warrenty----will not going stock affect that??

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
AFTERMARKET

Aftermarket exhaust! Long story, I think it is still posted as Consumers rule! If you want me to look it up for you I will and give you not only the artecle but the magazine and page number...as long as the pipe doesn't cause the damage to the motorcycle...Give the kid...praise in public in front of his parents/family when you get the bike fixed...it will make him feel less guilty and have more respect for motorcycles. In fact you may turn him on to a motorcycle shop, go with him and show him some bikes...in the end this way you both win...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

omaha-i'd check with your dealer-some don't like it but most dealers i've talked to
don't mind a pipe change as far as warranty goes

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: AFTERMARKET

ZX-2R said:
Aftermarket exhaust! Long story, I think it is still posted as Consumers rule! If you want me to look it up for you I will and give you not only the artecle but the magazine and page number...
ZX-2R

That article have any info about breaking federal laws, i.e. noise and pollution using aftermarket pipes on the street?

Just wondering what's what. Had aftermarket on my last ride, that was put on by the dealer. Arizona has "in use" emissions testing for bikes. The last bike wasn't old enough to qualify for testing yet, but wondering about putting on new ride. I may keep this bike for awhile. :D

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Yeah, that sucks, but the kid deserves some credit. I know If I did that (which I never have/will) I would have sped off. Turn the kid onto motorcycles, then you might be able to have a few fun rides :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
OmahaRider said:
To the kid's credit---he fessed up instead of driving off-
You are lucky the kid was honest - that seems to be rare these days.

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
His dad was in for some sticker shock today---he called and said they would just pay it instead of going through the insurance-----because his son said it wasn't that bad.

I go---you realize this is going to be $2000+ dollars---dont you??? Then a stunned --oh!?!?-----then told him these things aren't cheap to fix----then he goes I'll see what the estimate is and then go from there-----then I told him his insurance guy said that just one fairing piece alone was $700---not too mention any possible hidden damage.

He asks if its ridable---I said I rode it home---but I consider it unridable untill its inspected and repaired-----cause if something goes wrong at hiway speed---you're hosed.

I think he's probably going to go with the insurance now.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
wow! i cant believe the kid was honest. i go to church every sunday and everything, but i wouldnt have stopped. you're a lucky, but unlucky, man omaha. too bad for your bike though. where was most of the damage?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
INFORMATION FOR ALL OF US

Read SPORT RIDER. April, 2004, Consumers Rule, page 88. "Thanks to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, you, Mr. Happy Consumer have more rights than you probably realize." IF you can't find it tell me and I will send you a fax copy of it. Even with Exotic pipe setups, Premier fuel injection seups, and ignition advancer, everything...this is a cool piece well written and I think that ALL of us should know its content...It's 3 pages long and gives you th complete fcts on how to approach your dealer, an atttorney and then go further should you need...bottom line WE WIN!

·
Registered
3 Posts
soad said:
i go to church every sunday and everything, but i wouldnt have stopped

soad, do you ride a bike? i assume so since you're posting on a motorcycle forum yet you claim you wouldn't stop if you knocked over someone's bike?! shame on you! karma is a bitch and it will get you sooner rather than later!

some lady dominoed several bikes including my own and lucky enough some other rider got her make/model and plates. kudos to all the honest folks out there!

·
Registered
487 Posts
soad said:
wow! i cant believe the kid was honest. i go to church every sunday and everything, but i wouldnt have stopped. you're a lucky, but unlucky, man omaha. too bad for your bike though. where was most of the damage?
soad try paying attention while you're there.

·
Registered
605 Posts
soad, do you ride a bike? i assume so since you're posting on a motorcycle forum yet you claim you wouldn't stop if you knocked over someone's bike?! shame on you! karma is a b***h and it will get you sooner rather than later!
He said he goes to church, not he believes in karma :) But in all seriousness, a fellow rider should take responsibility. I mean, that's why we have insurance right?

That'd be like pulling up to a bike better looking than yours and keying the helmet in the bike lock or even worse the tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OmahaRider said:
While we're at it----they are springing for a new exhaust system-----should I go stock or aftermarket-----keep in mind I got the +4 year warrenty----will not going stock affect that??
If bike warranties are at all like car warranties they are supposed to honor the warranty UNLESS the aftermarket part could be deteremined as the cause of the malfunction.

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She goes into the shop today---if I can get a break in the weather--monsoon season.

I'll go over pipes and re-jetting while I'm there.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
if you get aftermarket pipes and there becomes an issue with your bike, it is the manufacturers responsibility to prove that the aftermarket item caused the problem. I have never heard of aftermarket pipes causing problems. Also, many riders didn't know that service maintenance did not have to be performed by the dealer to keep warranty. What you do need to do though is keep a service record book and reciepts that that the maintenance was performed!

It'll be a few days until your bike is ready to go, but look forward to having it brand new and up to spec again.

For the kid - He was brought up right and was honest. Shows what good parenting can influence.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts