Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is possible to install a car in a V2K? If so, what is the best recommendation about this? Brand, size, pressure?

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Do a search for crying out loud. There are at least 3 current threads on the subject.

·
Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
Look here o padawan learner and all will be revealed.

http://darkside.nwff.info/database.php

May the dark force be with you.

Short answer is yes there are a bunch of V2K's running dark. You guys take a pretty large rear tire stock so you got some room back there to play with.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
I'm planning on going dark when my stocker wears out (which, considering how hard it is to be nice to the throttle, will be soon). I have a link at home for a tire someone on the ROG recommended I might try. I'll try to remember to post it. It apparently has a rounder profile so is a little more corner friendly.

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Look here o padawan learner and all will be revealed.

http://darkside.nwff.info/database.php

May the dark force be with you.

Short answer is yes there are a bunch of V2K's running dark. You guys take a pretty large rear tire stock so you got some room back there to play with.
yep, may the dark side always be with you--

Attachments

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
not to ruin the run for the esoteric tire brands, but I've seen a couple with Goodyear tripple tread 205/60-16 to 225/60-16 on them. Readily available tire. An Altimax hp same sizes won't wear as long as the TT but it handles even better.

Too many times I see folks convinced they have to go find some specialty tire when the database lists a bunch of common, reliable tires.

Course if they all pop up on tire rack and the price isn't a problem, enjoy.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
not to ruin the run for the esoteric tire brands, but I've seen a couple with Goodyear tripple tread 205/60-16 to 225/60-16 on them. Readily available tire. An Altimax hp same sizes won't wear as long as the TT but it handles even better.

Too many times I see folks convinced they have to go find some specialty tire when the database lists a bunch of common, reliable tires.

Course if they all pop up on tire rack and the price isn't a problem, enjoy.
LOL. I'm running a Fuzion right now. Next one (in 12000 miles or so) will be the Altimax.

I don't know if you looked at the links-----but those are cheap tires we were looking at.

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
Shawn. Why are you going away from the fusion? Or is it just a need to try something different?
The fusion being a "sport" tire is so soft and sticky, but I'm able to play the knob and smoke it willy nilly and it will still last till the end of next season.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is possible to install a car in a V2K? If so, what is the best recommendation about this? Brand, size, pressure?
I thought it would be great to have a car along for the ride so I bought a Mini Cooper to use. It is a pretty small car but I couldn't find any way to install it in my V2K, and I tried everything I could think of. No way to squeeze it in, period! But I did notice the nice 215/60/16 Dunlop SP5000 Symetrical Tires that came on the Mini Cooper and found that one would fit right on the rear of my V2K. The SP5000 is the best performing rear tire I have ever ridden on a large motorcycle IMHO.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Shawn. Why are you going away from the fusion? Or is it just a need to try something different?
The fusion being a "sport" tire is so soft and sticky, but I'm able to play the knob and smoke it willy nilly and it will still last till the end of next season.
I have no issues with the Fuzion. I have about 8000 miles on it now and its still over 3/4 tread. I can't smoke mine----too much weight in the saddle....LOL.

I bough the Fuzion as a test, mostly because it was so cheap----I think I paid $65 for it, and it was on the "recommended" darkside list. I fully expected to hat eit and go back to a bike tire in about a week, so i went cheap. Who would have guessed????

When I need a new tire, I'll probably try something different just to try it. From everything I have read I am thinking Altimax right now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, the next question is. You can see in this tire the line is like an arrow, this go in one dirrection. How tihs going in the motorcycle, to front or to back?

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Ok, the next question is. You can see in this tire the line is like an arrow, this go in one dirrection. How tihs going in the motorcycle, to front or to back?

to the front. The tire sidewall with have an arrow for tire rotation. You want that installed so that the arrow rotates the same way it would on a car.

Installing a rear MC tire on the front of a bike, you reverse the rotational arrow.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts