Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I told my daughter, who is home from college, that I'd spotted a new ice cream shop that VulcanVixen and I could target for a ride, she quickly said "I want to go too." She hadn't mentioned riding with us until then - maybe it was ice cream that did the trick. We had an extra jacket and gloves, and she has good hiking boots, but we needed another helmet. So off we went to buy another helmet (FF of course) for our daughter. After a short tutorial on do's and don'ts we got her on the back of my bike and took off on another ride. It was great having her along enjoying our new hobby!

Here is a picture of us on the Nomad.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Nice looking bike, and nice to see your daughter taking interest in it. Pretty soon you'll have to buy another one :wink:

·
***** Supporter
55 Posts
Nice looking nomad and great picture ... That jacket you have on .. I really like it !What make and model is it ?

Vanisland
2007 900 LT

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome pic!. Those shoes are kinda cool, what are they btw?
The boots are made by Asolo and probably the best hiking boots I've ever had. They don't look like it, but that pair is a few years old, has hiked across Ireland and down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back. They take the abuse and don't even show it.

I've been looking at motorcycle boots but haven't found anything as sturdy or comfortable as these. One thing I do with any boots, including these, is remove the factory inserts and put in Superfeet inserts right away. It's amazing what that does for wear-ability.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice looking nomad and great picture ... That jacket you have on .. I really like it !What make and model is it ?

Vanisland
2007 900 LT
The jacket is made by Joe Rocket, and is the Phoenix 4.0 model. It's a high tech mesh jacket with a removeable waterproof liner. Usually I leave the liner out at any temps above 60 as I need the airflow to stay cool. I do leave all the armor (back, shoulders, elbows, tailbone) in place though. I am quite pleased with the jacket.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A good father daughter outing. How did she like the ride?
She liked the ride and has already been on another. It didn't take her too long to get used to the leaning through corners. At first I could tell that she was shifting her weight a little, not trusting the lean completely, but that has changed. I commented after the second ride that she's adapted already and I can hardly tell she's back there.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
When I told my daughter, who is home from college, that I'd spotted a new ice cream shop that VulcanVixen and I could target for a ride, she quickly said "I want to go too." She hadn't mentioned riding with us until then - maybe it was ice cream that did the trick. We had an extra jacket and gloves, and she has good hiking boots, but we needed another helmet. So off we went to buy another helmet (FF of course) for our daughter. After a short tutorial on do's and don'ts we got her on the back of my bike and took off on another ride. It was great having her along enjoying our new hobby!

Here is a picture of us on the Nomad.

Looks like she was enjoying the ride. Interesting windshield lowers. Looks like part kawi FS, and part home made??

D

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Ice cream AND a motorcycle ride??? Heck, I'd go too if I were her! How was the ice cream at the new shop? Enjoy the time with your daughter while she's home, and ride safely! Is she a Gator? Seminole? Hurricane? or ???

Best,
Daryl

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like she was enjoying the ride. Interesting windshield lowers. Looks like part kawi FS, and part home made??

D
Nope, it's just the angle of the the photo. Those are the original Kawasaki lowers. I am thinking of either getting some aftermarket lowers as all those who have larger lowers rave about the smoother air flow.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ice cream AND a motorcycle ride??? Heck, I'd go too if I were her! How was the ice cream at the new shop? Enjoy the time with your daughter while she's home, and ride safely! Is she a Gator? Seminole? Hurricane? or ???

Best,
Daryl
We got so carried away with the ride that we ended up missing the ice cream shop. Darn! I guess that means we will have to ride again to hit the ice cream shop! :-D

My daughter is a Gator. In terms of the football and basketball teams she picked some great years to attend UF. My wife and I have had a great time too, cheering on the teams!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
?

No post ride smile check photo? I can see the beaming smile thru the full face shell but c'mon...lets see the teeth!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts