Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the kid decided to take a ride today. We went up to Beaver Creek State Park. It was a foggy one today though. The sun didn't really show its self until a little after 11am.

Here we are just a few miles from home. Before the fog got bad.

Some of the fog.

Bridge coming into the park.

Me and the kid. Had to keep the rain gear on to stay dry from the fog.

Covered bridge

History Lesson

Some of the buildings

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were greeted by a family of Deer as we left the park. Only one wanted her picture taken.

Taking the kid to a new States for her.

Coming back into Ohio.

Cool old truck in New Philadelpia.

Beach City Dam. Just outside of Strasburg.

Just shy of 280 miles on the day! Another good day on 2 wheels.

·
Made it to first gear
103 Posts
Very cool! My grandaughter is 8 and wants to ride with me but my daughter wont let her. Oh well. I have fished below the spillway where you took the picture. Didnt catch very many fish as I recall.
We were greeted by a family of Deer as we left the park. Only one wanted her picture taken.

Taking the kid to a new States for her.

Coming back into Ohio.

Cool old truck in New Philadelpia.

Beach City Dam. Just outside of Strasburg.

Just shy of 280 miles on the day! Another good day on 2 wheels.

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Nice. Looks like it was a great day.

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
Looks like fun, we had cold and wind today. Its nice to see quality time spent with your daughter.

·
Made it to first gear
103 Posts
Hey Pat, nice pictures, what kind of camera do you use? Is it pretty fast between shots?

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Looks like a nice day of riding.

I like how you point out the cool truck, but don't mention the Bison wearing the Saddle behind it.
(we know why you really stopped, where's the picture of you riding it?) ;-)

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Pat, nice pictures, what kind of camera do you use? Is it pretty fast between shots?
Its a Cannon Powershot SX1 I think. I'll double check when I get home from work. Yeah in the sports mode as long as you hold down the button it will take shots until you let off. Its a 10MP but it has the CMOS sensor instead of CCD. Better Sensor. Does full HD video. Sound like a salesman don't I? But I reeeeeeeally like this camera. I use rechargeable AA and they last all day with the camera on.

What were you doing so far into Ohio to go fishing? Doesn't seem like that good of a place to make the trek from WV.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Very cool. I love taking my daughter places. But, she is married now and does not have much time for daddy.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
nice trip report and it sounds like you have a very memorable day

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like a nice day of riding.

I like how you point out the cool truck, but don't mention the Bison wearing the Saddle behind it.
(we know why you really stopped, where's the picture of you riding it?) ;-)

LOL.... I didn't even noitce.

·
Made it to first gear
103 Posts
I have a friend that lives in Brewster and we both like to fish. Before Margaret had her stroke we would come up about every other month, sometimes sooner and Dave and I would go fishing somewhere. You would be surprised where you can catch fish. My dad once bought a fish finder, but when you turned it on all it did was give you directions to Krogers. LOL!!!!!!
Its a Cannon Powershot SX1 I think. I'll double check when I get home from work. Yeah in the sports mode as long as you hold down the button it will take shots until you let off. Its a 10MP but it has the CMOS sensor instead of CCD. Better Sensor. Does full HD video. Sound like a salesman don't I? But I reeeeeeeally like this camera. I use rechargeable AA and they last all day with the camera on.

What were you doing so far into Ohio to go fishing? Doesn't seem like that good of a place to make the trek from WV.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL... Ok it is a Canon PowerShot SX1 IS. I had most of it right. I bought it from B&H Photo out of New York. At the time they had the best price.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Great pics Pat! Looks like you two had fun! It is nice to get out for some quality time with the little ones! :D

Glad to see they finally got that bridge finished at Beaver Creek. That is a cool park. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts