Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Custom 800
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to bike week this year? A couple of buddies and I are going for the first time this year. We are getting excited. What should i expect from the laws down there, I hear they ticket for petty things. Does anyone know if they still have the side mounted plate law there? I would appreciate any input. Thanks, JD

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
Saw a few tags wired to the sissy bar when at Panama City Beach's Thunderbeach fall rally. They were randomly stopping people and cheking that all were properly leagal. Hey Dave I used to live in Town and Country area off Sheldon Rd. Pappie

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
As far as I know, vertically-mounted plates are still illegal down here. Also, they must be "centrally" mounted, that is, in the rear center of the bike, and 18" above the ground. So a custom plate mounted forward of the back edge of the rear tire is illegal here. Fine for first violation is $1000 +.
that means anyone with a Nightster or an Iron 883 is gonna pay. those are sidemount from the factory. hmmmm.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Side mounted plate law was repealed by the gov. ABATE Of Florida, Inc. - Fighting for Bikers Rights If you don't have baffels, don't gun or rev the engine in town or around cops. Speeding tickets are 1000 if exceeding 20MPH over the speed limit (car or bike) but can usually be beaten with an attorney for $150 plus court costs.

It is a great time and there is so much more going on than just Daytona. If you want my phone number let me know and we can meet up for a fun time.

By the way, the best time may be in Deland FL on the first day.

MrWick, good to hear from you, are you and MeanGene comin over for a day? Let me know.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Side mounted plate law was repealed by the gov. ABATE Of Florida, Inc. - Fighting for Bikers Rights If you don't have baffels, don't gun or rev the engine in town or around cops. Speeding tickets are 1000 if exceeding 20MPH over the speed limit (car or bike) but can usually be beaten with an attorney for $150 plus court costs.

It is a great time and there is so much more going on than just Daytona. If you want my phone number let me know and we can meet up for a fun time.

By the way, the best time may be in Deland FL on the first day.

MrWick, good to hear from you, are you and MeanGene comin over for a day? Let me know.
Did you mean me E-J? You know I'll be over there for it at some point, probably more that once too. So whats the deal in Deland on the first day?

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Did you mean me E-J? You know I'll be over there for it at some point, probably more that once too. So whats the deal in Deland on the first day?
lol, hey I got the name right anyway. Didn't I?

Deland Bike Rally - Bikeweek 09 this is actually the 2010 site.

It is my adult opinion that this is the best kickoff of Bike Week.

·
Step up or step aside
180 Posts
EJ, maybe you did get it right. We were suppose to meet at Biketoberfest, but missed each other. I plan on going over on Sunday and Monday of Bike Week. It would be nice to meet up with some BTK forum members.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
That is where we are going to stay,in Deland at the abate of florida camp grounds.
ooh ooh other good places to visit in and around Deland include
Dales Ales Dale's Ales where Bikers Always Welcome!
O B's Restaurant & Lounge,

Never been but going soon to Trader Jacks Roadside - 4425 N. Highway 17, DeLand Florida and then there a couple of places out on 17 North of Deland then take 100 East to Bunnell and Thunder Gulch Campground - Black Cloud, restaurant, lounge, bar, grill, saloon, camping, fishing, food, live music, live, music, bands, entertainment, bikeweek, biketoberfest, speedweek, daytona 500, Bunnell, Palm Coast, Daytona Beach, Florida, The Dog Pound, White Eagle and Destination Daytona on the way to Iron Horse and Broken Spoke.

I got rides for ya headin out and back from where you are. all have must see places.

Also daytona area biker bars

·
Custom 800
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That campground looks like alot of fun, we might just have to rethink where we are going to stay. their rates are on par with the camp site we were thinking of staying at.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Camp Grounds....also consider, Encore Super Park, (adjacent to destination Daytona), Moonshine Camp Ground (roughin it) the White Eagle has camping too (again may not have showers, I don't know)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.