Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to Daytona here in a few weeks for bike week? If so, are you riding? How far?

Has anyone been before? If so, what is is like? I heard HD is going to be there with 70 demo bikes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ill be there. I live in jacksonville, not that far. Its awesome, if you have never been i suggest you go once in your life. It is so big you cant possibly do and see everything.... But I guarntee you'll have a great time.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
all the manufacturers will be there with demo bikes. They will all be at the speedway if the same as past years. Plan to spend a day there, and get there very early to get on the demo ride signup sheets.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Think there will be any chick's there? LOL

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Don't forget, Bike Week isn't just limited to Daytona Beach, there are ton's of things to see and do in many of the surrounding towns. Like NCDave said if you want to ride demos get there early and sign up and don't forget you'll need a helmet gloves and usually a riding jacket of some type.

I plan to go down for at least one day maybe more, who knows, maybe a few of us from BTK can get together somewhere for a brew.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I plan to go down for at least one day maybe more, who knows, maybe a few of us from BTK can get together somewhere for a brew.
Are you starting that crazy talk again? :biggrin:

I plan to be at the track in Savannah on Saturday the 27th if you want to ride up. :-D

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
I was kind of baiting E-J into it... You know how he gets about these "get togethers"...

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Ouch, that hurts, but isn't that what they say about the truth?
anyway I put together a ride in the Deland Area (west Volusia county) of 6 infamous biker bars.
from Bunnell, Ormond, or Daytona, take
11 South to 17-92 and South to
Dales Ales Exit R, go to Orange Camp,
R on Orange Camp
L on Blue Lake
L on New York to
Sharks Pub Exit L to N. Hill
R on N. Hill to Plymouth L to 17
R on 17 to
OB'S L out of OB's
Trader Jacks Exit R to
Brass Rail Exit R to
Arts Place Exit R
R on Spring Garden Ranch
Left on Arrendando Grant Road
Left on 11

Z, you can crash here cause you ain't gonna make it home.

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Ouch, that hurts, but isn't that what they say about the truth?
anyway I put together a ride in the Deland Area (west Volusia county) of 6 infamous biker bars.
from Bunnell, Ormond, or Daytona, take
11 South to 17-92 and South to
Dales Ales Exit R, go to Orange Camp,
R on Orange Camp
L on Blue Lake
L on New York to
Sharks Pub Exit L to N. Hill
R on N. Hill to Plymouth L to 17
R on 17 to
OB'S L out of OB's
Trader Jacks Exit R to
Brass Rail Exit R to
Arts Place Exit R
R on Spring Garden Ranch
Left on Arrendando Grant Road
Left on 11

Z, you can crash here cause you ain't gonna make it home.

Home, hell with all those stops I won't make it to my bike... I may not make it out of Dales Ales, good cold Busch in the can... yummy...

I knew you'd be trying to be an event planner again, you just can't help yourself can you...

When planning to do this tour of local establishments...?

·
Old enough to know better
58 Posts
I plan on riding down (weather permitting) from North Carolina on Friday, Feb. 26 and returning on Wednesday, March 3. Mapquest says 563 miles. Gonna be helping a friend with her vendor booth, so that should help me recoup some of my expenses.

Just hope it warms up considerably from the weather they're currently having!

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Z, I was looking at the first Sunday since Saturday I will be doing Deland for their one day thing....or maybe just roll it all together on that first Saturday the 27th. That sounds good to me. we'd be passin through Deland to get to OB's so it will all work

What does everyone else have to day, Saturday the 27th kick off bike week with a tour of west Volusia county.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Anyone going to Daytona here in a few weeks for bike week? If so, are you riding? How far?

Has anyone been before? If so, what is is like? I heard HD is going to be there with 70 demo bikes.
I hail from JAX... maybe 80 miles to Daytona. I have been for the last few years in a row. I might get together with EJ and crew for a ride this year.

Bikeweek is kinda like a county fair for motorcycles with 10,000 times the number of people. Estimates that I have seen for 2009 were 40,000 to 60,000 people... scooting around town, partying, and generally having a great time for a couple of weeks. Lots of bikes of every type, lots of people from all walks of life, and a few freaks too keep it interesting.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I am out of KY, so it would be a long haul of 12 or so hours. Really want to ride down, join the festivities, and demo the heck outta some bikes. Still haven't decided yet. Is there any recommended places to stay maybe a little outside of Daytona to avoid the jacked up hotel prices?

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is abunch of places but everyone jacks up the prices because of bike week. you can try hotels in flagler and palm coast but by now im sure their prob full. You might have to try south st. augustine.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts