Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i left the key on last night for little over 2 hours before i remembered i had it on, now my battery is dead engine turns over couple times but the starter starts clicking cuz lack of juice. i was wandering since im new to bikes and all if i could jump it or do i have to get a certain type of charger. if so what type

thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya but when its my daily driver and only vehicle thats kinda hard to do

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
get a charger that has a LOW (2amp) charge setting and leave the battery on it over nght. take the caps off so that it can breath (unless its a sealed battery) make sure its FULL of distilled water before charging.
you can jump start it with a car battery without a problem. they are both 12 volt systems. just dont have the car running when you hook them up.
as for getting a new battery, if you can find a auto store that will load test if for you then you can tell if its finished or able to be used. its only a couple bolts holding the cables along with the strap holding the battery in. no biggie to switch it out. if you need a new battery i would by an OEM battery.
good luck

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for the help i guess ill just jump it tom morning then head to town for a new one maybe gotta work in the afternoon tho :?

·
Registered
184 Posts
A discharged battery is not always a ruined battery. Charge it up ! Turn the key off !!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i jumped it today with my friends car. i took QKENUF4U advice about not turning the car on, i had it hooked up for maybe 5 seconds and it started right up. drove it around for awhile and i cant tell it ever went dead. thanks everyone for the advice.
it just sucks it happened to be dead on the best day we had down here in sw florida in about a month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts