Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the dealership really do on the five hundred mile break in check that they want the bike for. The dealership i bought the bike from they are telling me that it will take about five days to do. And you all know it is starting to get cold And I really don't want to have to go 5 days without the bike. I can probably do what ever they are going to do in like a couple of hours.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Five days is nuts. I turned mine in one afternoon and had it back the next day at closing time. Unless they are way busy right now that is LONG!

As for what they do, look in your owner’s manual on page 64, everything marked 1000km (600 mi) is what they do. Biggest and most time consuming is the Valve adjustment.

·
Registered
487 Posts
it won't take them 5 days to do it :shock:

they just want you to leave it there that long so they can work it in at their convience. :(

if they actually do everything they are suppose to, they will change oil and filter, retorque certain bolts as per Kawa's recommendation, and do a thorough check of the entire bike.

Also if you have a great dealer like I do they will let you watch the process.

they even washed my bike :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i will call around to some different dealerships I thought that was way too long

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
vaporgas2000 said:
it won't take them 5 days to do it :shock:

they just want you to leave it there that long so they can work it in at their convience. :(
you have to remember YOUR NOT THE ONLY CUSTOMER !! :roll: and who knows how booked up they are. where i work they are booked for 2 weeks out :shock:
check around and you may find a shop thats not as busy :wink:

·
Registered
412 Posts
To tell the truth I did not do my 600-mile checkup until a little over 1000 miles because of a trip I was taking. But I did change the oil & filter at 600, which is the most important thing to get done at that time if you are having no problems with the bike. So if they are booked (they are here because they are getting everyone’s ATV's ready for hunting season), change your oil & filter and wait for them to slow down. The mechanic there told me that was no problem seeing as I had changed the oil & filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts