Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 800 drifter and i was wondering was there a safe way to take off the kawasaki word off the glove box cover. the decal is on both sides. any info will help: Thanks charlie

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Some use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat it up the then use weed whacker string....or fishing line to get behind it and sort of cut through it. Clean any residue with alcohol.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I've seen in magazines to clean the residue with wd-40 too...don't get it too hot tho, you might melt the side cover

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I used Goo-Gone when I took the dealer label off my back fender (why on earth do they do that? it ruins the look of a beautiful fender!). Then I finished up with a liquid carnuba wax I've used for years--the Wax Shop Super Glaze.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
jukief said:
I used Goo-Gone when I took the dealer label off my back fender (why on earth do they do that? it ruins the look of a beautiful fender!). Then I finished up with a liquid carnuba wax I've used for years--the Wax Shop Super Glaze.

I heard that Goo-Gone is a Gonner once it's Goo is Gone. :)

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
jukief said:
yeah, i made that mistake on the nomad. my wife swear by the stuff, so i figured it would work good. yeah, it worked too good. the amount of stickers on that bike was crazy. both saddlebags have a little rub spot :(

oh well, its getting painted soon anyways.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you can get the metal piece off and don't want to mess with solvents, take it to a body shop. They have this cool rubber/composite wheel that goes on an air gun and will remove the goo without damaging the clear coat. It's really slick, took 5 minutes, and the place I went did it for free at the prospect of having a new customer when I repair my fender (I'm not the one who dropped it, I just got a great deal because he did) or repaint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool thanks for the info all.Im kinda of chicken s_ _ _ t to even touch it yet i just got the thing but i will try this week thanks :juice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts